rotorhoe's rx3 of flash

rot808

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Man these comments make me incredibly delighted hard work paid off full credit to everyone else involved

Firstly, I have the door triangle chrome guard Jonny but not the lower piece so it looks incomplete, that's why I'm keeping it to the strip for now.

What size tyres do you have on them hotties now? Assuming they were 205/60s beforehand

Yeap these are 175/60s only have a pair currently so starting a new trend of the backwards drag car look

very nice car! will b mint when its done. original condition with rims always looks good and i bet you'll get a lot of people asking to buy it!!! good work

I've only ever had the one offer sadly/gladly haha

• Like 2

Rubbing on one side, with a live axle leaf sprung rear end is common place in any car of that era. They simply didn't make cars with tolerances that tight, leaf spring suspension was cheap/old technology option for manufacturers.

P.S Your car is awesome.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

oh no, the Cortina is gone! Hope it went to a good home, it  was a nice one :) Whose is the happy looking Labrador?  you guys haven't gone and gotten one have you? And is that the one and only Daihatsu 2 stroke station wagon in the background that I can see?  

• 1 month later...

I'm not sure about the RHS of the car but the LHS doors look OK, I think any alignment or fitment issues are down to the guards (just at a cursory glance) a bit of gentle persuasion should see the majority of it right. Unless the construction of the little Mazda is a bit curious you shouldn't have to remove the doors to remedy any of it, I wouldn't have thought?

Maybe now's the time to put an 808 front on it...

...no?

...Dang. :(

If you could and were out that way it would be much appreciated please. I sent one of those enquiry emails out just to send photos but I know they get super busy, just mostly curious on costs of it I have an awesome family friend who will do the paint touch ups afterwards

Grant at GT has done scores of RX3/808's so I'm sure he knows how to make them straight. Worth dropping in and having a yarn to him, or I can do so on your behalf if you like?

RX-3/808's are notoriously difficult to line up as the are crooked from factory (hence all the shims fitted at factory etc). New Zealand assembled cars are worse then the Japanese ones too.

So if you are planning on spending money getting it done then getting it done by a paid professional with previous experience (such as the chap above) is highly recommended.