Mikuni's 1981 Commodore

mikuni

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Wow. Fresh as a watermelon. That refreshing.

Nah but seriously. I even tekzted you the other day to hurry up coz I'm keen as shit to see brown, or cream, or whatever we came up with that was a lush colour BBS.

That's right, I'm excited by a commodore.

PUT A BUICK INNIT

Wheels are still a work in progress. I would chuck some pics up, but I don't actually have them yet. They were sent on Saturday, so should be here tomorrow all going to plan. Hopefully that will leave me with enough time to change the diff, paint and bolt the wheels together, get some tyres on them and fit them. If nothing goes wrong, it should be doable.

SANY2681.jpg

Its good owning a Commodore. As above, theres just so much info. Parts are super common, just today I went to buy a tie rod end. BNT had one literally on the shelf for $20.00 trade. Definitely not used to that with old cars.

It was very, very hard to find the grill. Only about a year ago they could be brough brand new on Ebay and I thought it wouldn't be an issue getting hold of one, but they no longer make them so I had 2 different companies looking along with a private guy from Greece. I was going to swap him 2 Holden grills for an Opel one. Just as I was sorting that out one of the companies got back to me saying they had found a second hand one for 100 Euros then another company said they can supply a brand new one shipped to NZ for 140 Euros, which I went with. It only took about 10 days to get here from Holland - it took longer to get from Auckland to Hamilton than it did to get from Holland to Auckland.

Any plan for a front lip or something? Gonna look hektik az

Fulley hektik front lip az stz?

I'm thinking something subtle, similar to what some Commodore C models came out with from the factory. Something like this.

http://i6.photobucket.com/albums/y246/u ... 1Y0004.jpg

I'm also thinking of putting a similar style boot spoiler/lip on as well to carry on the German theme. Something like what 3 series M sports? came out with. 5 series would probably fit better but seem to be impossible to find.

And no, its not going to be as slammed as above photoshop. This car is intending to be a tow car and will probably end up with an RB30E and 5 speed manual for bolt in, reliable goodness.