Mikuni's 1981 Commodore

mikuni

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeap, it's currently a 5x107.95 pcd, starfire equiped weapon. Actually thats not quite true, it now has 5x120 VL struts on the front and nothing in the rear, hopefully to change tonight. Will get some pics for thread.

Cheers for the link KK. The dude is a GC, has offsets etc on there so it gives me more of an idea of how my stuff will/won't fit.

And you guys are almost as bad as some of the people on that forum :lol: . I think he's giving it a pretty good crack and if you actually read the posts rather than just briefly look at the pics and then close the thread, he's not aiming for an epic stance machine, just trying to go for a Euro theme on a Commodore, which would be pretty hard in the land of the 'Roo. I looked on ebay.com.au for wheels just incase and there didn't seem to be much, if anything cool available for 5x120.

Yes as i said this is just start. I will be looking at much lower profile tyres in the future as well as lowering the whole car a bit more. and possible 225 at the back and 215 on the front.

I hope you guys go easier on me when its not quite "fully stanced out" or what ever you kids are saying these days! :lol:

FYI - if your riyums have epic rubbing problems and don't fit then you CBF changing back - I have a set of 5 x 120 steelies I can send your way in a timely manner before the weekend..

Also when I make a set of airbag brackets for mine next year do you want me to get 2 of everything made so you can give yours the appropriate "stance"??

I'm sure we can come to some arrangement.. :D

Possibly. We can discuss arrangements/cost at HB. I am reluctant to spend too much money in the area of suspension on this, but I am of the belief that an airbag system can be done quite cheaply if you just want cruise height and on the ground height. I've also always liked the idea of having air facilities in a tow car - air tools at the track etc. And the last bonus would be the eventual construction of an airbagged trailer, that can be hooked up to tow cars air supply. I'm getting carried away here.

Thanks for the offer of the steels, I was keeping an eye out for something but I'm kind of happy with the way these BMW wheels I had laying around look on it, so will just roll with them if worse comes to worst. It's probably likely, considering I still don't have the BBS wheels and I still need to dip, paint, bolt together and get tyres fitted. :(

Someone do a photoshop and convince me of this before tomorrow afternoon, otherwise they're going creamy beige. I was keen on a chocolate brown similar to the burgandy above, because everyone knows the best thing in the world is brown on brown, but after seeing it photoshopped it just didn't cut it. Perhaps a lighter shade?

I was tossing up between 2 colours, something like 'cantebury cream' (or something) or 'bahama beige', but after reading about E's Lada wheels mishap I might go the safe route and take me to bermuda bahama come on pretty mama etc

^ hard, I actually love last minute missions. It really is the only time I ever do any work on my cars.

ps did I leave my air tool oil there? if so don't forget to oil up that rattle gun. Chur!

Yeah man, thats your gun. I've been oiling it regularly, it does have a few scuffs on it from the concrete that I feel a bit bad about though. Have been trying to avoid it but its pretty hard to do so. Will sort that out with beers/blowies etc.

Churrr they fit, fingers crossed mine do aswell :lol:

Yeah haha, I just had to fit them up tonight. I was a bit gutted when I saw the lips but I'm happy now they are on the car. They sit perfectly just outside the guard, hopefully those 215's will tuck in nicely.

And don't worry about yours, those things blew me away. If they don't fit on the Crown easily just buy something else to sit them on for the time being. You can never have too many cars to fit your too many wheels on.