Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

Zac, Marty doesnt have anymore nolathane. Which is odd that he sold me his. He normally hoards his stuff.

Does Whiteline do a kit for the Starion?

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ProZac

Yeah, and Nolathane do most of the bits too, but they're mega-bucks, even with the discount I get from working weekends at Repco. Also, they don't do the rear subframe bushes, which I'd really like to do.

The dude over in the US Marty goit his from is apparently going to do another run sometime.. but who knows when that will be. I should just stop being such a sad-sack and make them myself.

Fuck your car looks cool :) I think we need an "OLD IRS RWD TURBO MISTY" display at the OS Nats 2014 :-D.

Guest sheepers

just FYI the nolithane website is pretty good if you know the sizes of the bushes you need. there is (in the "trade view" part of the web site) a "search by bush size" option.

in there you can hunt around and more than likely find what you need even if they dont list a bush for your car. or you can find something that can be easily modified to suit.

i found all the suspension bushes for the crown even though they list nothing for it. i had to modify some of them but i got everything i needed.

takes a while but you get there in the end.

• 1 year later...
  • 6 months later...
  • 11 months later...

you fool!

it cracked because that poor lonesome cam had to do all the work by itself. your cam is an emo loner and started self harming because its lonely and misunderstood.

if you had two cams they could work together to overcome the modern day pressures of bigger turbos. two cams don't turn emo and two cams don't self harm. this is knowledge gained by years of 4M ownership. 

• Like 7

holy lol^

oh novus!

Thats shit mate. Can you smack a twin cam head onto that block or nah?

Yeap, twin cam bolts on. Buuuuut, I would need a heap of fab work. Intake, exhaust manifolds, possibly new turbo, power steering pump bracketry, miscellaneous little things that take forever.  

So, new single cam head (minus those pesky Jet Valves) and i'm back to doing skids. 

• Like 5

Purty

Is that a re-pro head from STA?

Repro from 'Kiwi Cylinder Heads' (came with gaskets and valve guides). The dude that works there really knows his stuff. Would trade again. 

The head then went to Taylor Automotive for valve grind and assembly. 

Yeah quite common for the Jet valve heads to crack, especially in between the valve seats. I'm surprised I didn't have cracking or head gasket issues with both of my engines - though I did crack some ring lands instead.

holy lol^

oh novus!

Thats shit mate. Can you smack a twin cam head onto that block or nah?

VR-4 head will bolt on to the block but would need a change in pistons, manifolds, front timing components (crank sprocket, balance shaft sprockets, oil pump, water pump, tensioner/idlers, covers) and even a crank shaft change as his will certainly be the earlier 'short snout' crank to suit the thin SOHC timing belt. Later SOHC engines share the same crank as the DOHC engines.

• Like 2