Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Nah, theres no run off. I sprayed the louver down the night before. It did have that white plastic oxide fading on top of it. After it soaked over night, I wiped the excess CRC off. Now it looks good as new.

The other option wad to use Plexus, but that shit is spendy and my last can just ran out. Anyone else used Plexus? Its reeeealy good.

• 4 months later...

Whats next? The A/C pump stopped working. Turns out the wire that engages the clutch for the pump does have power. So I'll get that working before summer. And while im at it I want to move the drier bottle for the A/C so I can put a bigger intercooler on it. When it was on the dyno Kent was saying that the intake temps kept climbing with every power run. So the pissie little intercooler that on it is too small.

Ive never seen the point in removing A/C unless it a race car. Hitting the button for cool fresh air, windows up while doing slightly over 100kph. Or defogging a misty windsceen in an instant.

I may have to trim the bumper a bit depending on the size of the intercooler I choose. But it will still get painted black and be as subtle as possible.

Ive never seen the point in removing A/C unless it a race car. Hitting the button for cool fresh air, windows up while doing slightly over 100kph. Or defogging a misty windsceen in an instant.

I may have to trim the bumper a bit depending on the size of the intercooler I choose. But it will still get painted black and be as subtle as possible.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Argh. I can't edit the thread to say 'Poo's '81 Mitsi......'

Oh we'll. if a nice mod sees this post.......

And thanks Clint, I was looking for that. I pulled the LCAs off tonight. Then set fire to the bushes.

And Sparkle. Pity those plates had a 'H' in them. Would like the plate POOMAN. My wife brought me POOMIN years ago but decided on something else.

Those nothlane bushes on the end of that front arm will make your cars suspension fell crashy. Keep them rubber or rose joint them as they move up and down with the hub during suspension travel instead of resisting movement. I've got a similar setup in my car with a mix of rubber and nothlane bushes that works sweet. Nothlane is good in those wishbone style bushes.

Bit late to put rubber mounts in there now.

Interestingly, the rubber mounts on the LCAs dont actually allow the LCA to move freely. the centre collar bites into the crossmember and the only movment is thru the rubber moving/distorting. Now with the Nolathane, the colar still is fixed, but the nolathane spins on the greased collar. I hope its not too harsh...........