Poo-Man's 1981 Mitsubishi Sigma Turbo

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hey Cheese, thanks for the pics. That last one has made me do some work on the car..........the pic above shows a bit of surface rust from stone chips on front valance. So I hit it with a spray can (with minimal to no prep work).

Fanks.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

whoops, late reply.

for the front, I used, the hubs, disks, calipers, dust plates (standard are very similar and could/would work). So pretty much everything brake related

for the rear, the diff and subframe came complete with the 5stud bits all sorted.

whoops, late reply.

for the front, I used, the hubs, disks, calipers, dust plates (standard are very similar and could/would work). So pretty much everything brake related

for the rear, the diff and subframe came complete with the 5stud bits all sorted.

Thanks for the response.Does the rear subframe mount directly without modification on the EX? meaning mounting bolts? Do you know if I will need the drive shaft from the starion too?

no way Starion rear subframe will mount to a Lancer EX - they are completely different cars.

For the rear I should just redrill for 5 studs. Has anybody tried the OEM starion wheels on the EX? Are the offsets okay?

Sorry but I just bought me an EX and I am in the process or rebuilding it. I have an ooportunity to buy a Starion for parts.

Thanks again

I think he's meaning the widebody Starion wheels (am sure he mentioned 16" somewhere else), of which case the offsets vary from -10mm to +18mm, depending if front or rear and if SHP, non-SHP or jap spec.

Ahh, I see. I just naturally assumed a parts Starion would be narrow body. Who has a wide body parts car?!!

I would be fixing sorting and getting the widebody back on the road, not the EX. No offence to the mighty EX.