Vintage Grumble

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
Guest mikuni

A 1:22 doesn't sound too slow for a first outing at Hampton. Great to hear you managed to get it out there for a bit of fun. What it's all about after all.

Guest westy

A 1:22 doesn't sound too slow for a first outing at Hampton. Great to hear you managed to get it out there for a bit of fun. What it's all about after all.

Yeah, no complaints. But as a comparison, the car the vid is taken from does 1.17s. Has 320HP mind ha.

Car has great turn in with a bit of mid corner and exit oversteer, makes for plenty of fun.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

The ole 8 looks nice in there!

Going to have room for some decent headers in there around the steering column??

Dunno, wont find out this time round either. Stock is pretty shithouse but they'll have to do till I get bored.

• 3 months later...

Not a lot of options mate. 5 speed from the 3/3.5 or this, the 6 speed from the 4/4.4lt. Plenty of 6 speeds on ebay in the States if you can find a cost effective way to get them here or I think Hellbm has a couple at the moment. Not cheap at a couple of grand though.

The 5 speed from the E36/46 328/330 and the E36 M3 is the same as the V8 box but needs a different front casing which is also about a grand from BMW.

Somewhere 'round the interwebs there's a guy who used a Transit box with adaptor too I think. Needs a box with a big mouth on it to clear the big arse flywheel.

As for software, I dont know a lot about the programming. I know they use a couple or 3 programmes depending on what you want to do. This one isn't yet programmed, apart from removing some of the factory options, and it may not need it. Will see how it drives first.

• 8 years later...