westy's 1985 BMW E30 "Alice"

Vintage Grumble

Looking for an older '70s? style for it. More profile less wheel, chrome bumpers etc.

Also like ally droptanks and side exhausts ha.

I do like this styling choice, just throwing the option out there because I understand finding and fitting low offset 5x120 wheels on this beasty will be a challenge to say the least.

Not easy finding 5x120 wheels in decent sizes at 15-16".

Agreed. I just picked up some 16" BBS RS wheels. Couldn't find any after a month or so of looking, offshore they are scarce and pricey. I just ended up asking people who were selling BMW's with decent wheels if they would sell wheels seperate, providing I supply suitable factory replacement wheels. It worked with the first guy I asked, but it was a real piss around to be honest.

I'm not a huge fan of BBS wheels, but they can be made to look good, especially with decent dish. I'm widening a pair of mine, which I will put up a bit of a "how to" on, including costs etc in the next couple of weeks/month. They will end up 16"x9" +24 and 16"x9.5 -18, or something along those lines. The rears will probably be interesting to fit (on my Commodore) but I've measured things up, so should be doable.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Every man and his dog has a set of BBS RS on his E30, should be something different on a Commy though.

I also have a set of these

IMG_3888.JPG

BBS RS740 in 17x8 et bout 20, but need centre bore adapters and are a bit low in offset.

Could look allright with gold centres.

Are the guards getting tyre rubbing action at the moment? With such a wide stance you might need to remove that entire outter lip.

This is quite neat but a completly different style flare to what you have now but would allow tyre to travel a fair distance up under the guard possably. I dono mab not wide enough.

widebodysema01.jpg

Mab make some fiberglass/carbon molds to make cust ones.

Are the guards getting tyre rubbing action at the moment? With such a wide stance you might need to remove that entire outter lip.

This is quite neat but a completly different style flare to what you have now but would allow tyre to travel a fair distance up under the guard possably. I dono mab not wide enough.

widebodysema01.jpg

yeah the e30 m3 is an awesome shape and you can get the kits for standard e30s

but they never look rite as the boot on the m3 is differant.

i like wwhere the look of the car is going as it is

dan

widebodysema01.jpg

No rub with the wood block springs in there atm ha.

I could have done the M3 thing but then it's just another M3 replica and as mentioned the boot and rear window are different etc.