hunteds shuvit

mutiny

• Replies 207
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

:|puta-pinto-init :!:

I think the only downside, other than it being a pinto, is the boat anchor nature of the engine, resulting in less than ideal handling characteristics. I think the only good thing about a Chevette is that fact that they handle reasonably well and you're about to stop it from doing that! :P:)

Just consider all things when looking at this engine. Make sure its tidy and no in need of a rebuild. The fact that you'll really need a cert with this engine makes it quite a downside over a worked 1256 or even an A15, given they go in so easily.

And by your reasoning, an Isuzu G200 more or less bolts straight in, aside from gearbox crossmember, providing you have some Gemini parts, so that would be worth considering too. They probably cost less than $500 and aren't a pinto.

i agree with what your saying.

but, i dont have the skills, nor material availbale to make things fit. eg new engine mounts, gbox cross member, making the clutch work, adapting drive shaft to work etc etc

even if i could get a engine and box for what $300 (be it a g200, a15 or whatever), i can see the little things building up cost wise.

im going to have a nosey at it this evening or monday and see what its like.

the other way i look at it, is there is a standard 1256 with twins and the guy wants 500, could maybe get it for 400. yet for the same/similar coin, I can get over twice the power, and an extra gear.

Im not saying a pinto is the best option (I know its not) but for my price range, ability, and want, it seems pretty darn good to me

just went and had a nosey,

the dude from from west port and is on home detention......good start.

engine seemed tidy, didnt hear it running but he assured me it does. was all bolted up and had been drivin as it was. Engien mounts would probably need replacing/rebuilding as they were pretty rough...gearbox x-member bolts up to factory chevette holes which is sweet. drive shaft had been shortened and whatnot. not sure how though (whether it was one of his mates or not) so will find out. exhaust would need creating/merging into factory system, was a bit tight but he assured me it used to have one back in the day

seemeed pretty decent, will see how low he will go.

roughly how much would it cost/can someone on here make me some for beers some engine mounts? simple dsesign, basically extendended cortina mounts for those who know what they look like.

and sorry KK, i no longer have the side druaghts, the grumpy old man is correct

just went and had a nosey,

the dude from from west port and is on home detention......good start.

engine seemed tidy, didnt hear it running but he assured me it does. was all bolted up and had been drivin as it was. Engien mounts would probably need replacing/rebuilding as they were pretty rough...gearbox x-member bolts up to factory chevette holes which is sweet. drive shaft had been shortened and whatnot. not sure how though (whether it was one of his mates or not) so will find out. exhaust would need creating/merging into factory system, was a bit tight but he assured me it used to have one back in the day

seemeed pretty decent, will see how low he will go.

roughly how much would it cost/can someone on here make me some for beers some engine mounts? simple dsesign, basically extendended cortina mounts for those who know what they look like.

and sorry KK, i no longer have the side druaghts, the grumpy old man is correct

how far was the gearstick hole back from normal as if i was to put a 5 speed

in the viva it would put it right in the middle of where the handbrake is lol

Hate to be a hater.

So you are looking at buying a pinto conversion for your car because it is simple and bolt in. And now you are looking at remaking engine mounts to shift the engine forward?

so you will now need a new g/box mount and a new driveshaft.

ahh yes good point.

yes i like it because its bolt in. its also relatively cheap. chances are I wouldnt bother moving it foward anyway. it allows more mad quick handbrake to gearstick hand movement. i also like it because i know it fits.

even if i did spend some time/money replacing/rebuilding parts that are there, I know that it definitly fits and i know that it works. I also know what the new shit (if any) has to look like. Im sure an a15 (for example) will fit physically, but i dont know what the engine mounts would be like, and i dont know what the gbox mounts would be like. I understand that for some this is short change but not for me