the cletus mobile (VG Valiant)

fuel

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a little suprised that a blowthorugh would need the P/valve referenced. Although (Assuming the powervalve signal port on a BG is in the same place as a holley) it's possible the velocity of the air passing by the port might mean the p/valve chamber doesn't actually see an accurate boost signal? (I referenced the P/valve on the holley fitted to my supercharger)

• 2 weeks later...
Was it you i saw last weekend out in East Tamaki when i was out tuning my Trueno?

yes- you were using the east tamaki asphalt dyno too? haha

i bought my ignition and dizzy from C+M, Carl is a good bloke. ive done everything myself on this engine apart from machining work and getting the carb modified.

more boost will happen- but probably have to do something with the driveline soon as i think its living on borrowed time as is, im surprised nothing has broken yet

Was it you i saw last weekend out in East Tamaki when i was out tuning my Trueno?

yes- you were using the east tamaki asphalt dyno too? haha

i bought my ignition and dizzy from C+M, Carl is a good bloke. ive done everything myself on this engine apart from machining work and getting the carb modified.

more boost will happen- but probably have to do something with the driveline soon as i think its living on borrowed time as is, im surprised nothing has broken yet

Mean, ET has some nice long side streets to wizz down.

Congrats on the 12's no small feat.

I only just found your build this morning, engine looks buisness.

• 8 months later...
  • 6 months later...

Your most recent post reminded me of a tip I read in Mopar Action magazine, back in the mid 90's.

Rip out your axles, and mask out a 12.7mm wide strip right down the from the wheel bearing, to the splines. Paint that shit with some meke paint.

Then you can remove your axles periodically, and check for the dreaded axle twist. And replace them before the go BANG!

I had to drive home from the drags once with a broken axle, and a locky. It one wheeler'd with alarming ease.

• 1 year later...

back to tridens for now, they are 14x7 with 195/60 on the front and 205/60 on the back.

the steel wheels are 14x7.25 i think from memory, i had them widened as much as i could but the rears rub a bit under hard cornering, i should have got the centers moved before i had them powdercoated