the cletus mobile (VG Valiant)

fuel

sorry dont have any video of it. ive recently changed the muffler (was a 50 series flowmaster) cause it was a bit quiet/restrictive on boost, its all straight thru 3'' now and its not very loud, the turbo does shut it up a bit.

but yes, definetly still sounds like a v8, cheers KY

• Replies 147
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...

PVCR drilled to 2mm, near enough to .078, 6.5 PV

at fist i thought id cocked that up, full load AFRs went to 9.8-10.0 ish, was like someone pulled the choke on. i had bowl vent extensions on it which the other carb needed, took those off and went down a jet size primary and secondary and its now at 11.2. still on the rich side but its safe. goes good

jet extensions move the secondary jets back a bit in the bowl so under hard acceleration the jets dont get uncovered by fuel

bowl vent extensions= in my case 2 rubber hoses off the bowl vents that extend into the hat. improves the pressure signal to the bowls by facing the inlet hole straight into the airflow. i believe in some cases the air going across the top of the vertical vent tubes acts like a venturi and can reduce the pressure in the bowl very slightly, and it wouldnt take much pressure difference between the bowls and the rest of the carb to affect fuel flow thru the jets.

it must work, removing the extensions alone was enough to take it from the 9.8-10.0 figure, to about 10.5- 10.8, the rest was the jet size change

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Nice subframe connectors Clint. Dad has a VF hardtop with the roof removed. Some of those might be the order of the day for it too.

How are the AFR's with your old carb back on? Does the exra boost make much of a difference?

its quite good, the extra boost makes a difference. i like to get the most out of it at each stage before just winding in 1 million boosts, hence only going up 3psi for now

idle afr about 13.0

light open road cruise 14.5

wot 11.2

it has a boost referenced power valve now, which doesnt take much throttle to open it.

the main thing was boost referencing the power valve, it now has an external fitting that takes boost/vac from the carb baseplate, and the carb hat.

i didnt think it would make much of a difference but the power valve opens much sooner now, can tell by watching the af meter you can see it drop with light throttle application

the boosters have been changed to what look like holley ones, no more dribbly fuel, it comes out in a fine mist. and there are modifications to the emulsion holes and power valve channels. thats all i can remember seeing in there....... i put some holley pump squirters on it as well

im real pleased with how it runs now.