TGB 7AGTE AW11

thegreatestben

Did some rejiggling of things in the engine bay.

Also finished tidying up the battery tray, or lack there of.

:D

Probably doesn't look like I've done much but I've removed a lot of criss crossed lines and wires from over the gearbox.

Will finish the wiring off with p clips once it's all done.

CIMG0542Large.jpg

CIMG0543Large.jpg

CIMG0546Large.jpg

CIMG0547Large.jpg

CIMG0549Large.jpg

Have a factory toyota ABV as a 'BOV' attached to the back of the intercooler.

Way stealth. Will be plumb back.

• Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Everyone lol'd... like ages ago.

Anyway.

Intercooler piping is done all but connecting turbo to inlet side.

Pulled the turbo off, rotated compressor housing.

Mounted the wastegate actuator, seems to work which is good.

Pictures:

Closed :

CIMG0572Medium.jpg

Open:

CIMG0571Medium.jpg

And I think I found a few kilowatts hiding in the exhaust:

CIMG0577Medium.jpg

Everyone lol'd... like ages ago.

Anyway.

Intercooler piping is done all but connecting turbo to inlet side.

Pulled the turbo off, rotated compressor housing.

Mounted the wastegate actuator, seems to work which is good.

Pictures:

Closed :

CIMG0572Medium.jpg

Open:

CIMG0571Medium.jpg

And I think I found a few kilowatts hiding in the exhaust:

CIMG0577Medium.jpg

ok umm goodness what on earth could that be good for

stop it from overboosting yo/danger to manifold/group n restritor/couldnt be fucked cutting the gasket properly/help make it quieter

you can never have too much boost :twisted: /oh yuh true dont want chequer plate falling out of the floor of the car / that a steel sheet sandwhiched between two gaskets

Nice day of slow progress, I've pretty much accepted that to be happy with the cars standard of work, it's gonna take me a lot longer than I thought. Spent today making intercooler brackets and prepping the intercooler to be welded and marked it for pipe alignment.

Really happy with how piping and mounts have turned out. (OS reppin')

CIMG0619Medium.jpg

CIMG0620Medium.jpg

CIMG0618Medium.jpg

CIMG0616Medium.jpg

And I had planned to upgrade the rear brakes at somestage down the track but the parts required for the mods I had in mind came up for an absolute steal. I already have larger disks on the front with larger calipers, the stock rear brakes are pretty pathetic really. After doing a bit of reading the best thing I could do was find a set of factory facelift front rotors and a set of SW20 later model rear calipers (22v stamped on them). I managed to pick up a set of rotors for $50 second hand (impossible to buy new for cheap) and I lucked out and found some 22V's for $100 complete with pads and lines. These are hard to find and $100 is cheap! guys in aussie are paying $350 AUD out've japan for them :shock:

The swap is pretty straight forward, the calipers bolt on and since we're reusing front rotors on the back the stud pattern is the same. Lines also fit straight up. Longer studs are needed, luckily the previous owner intended on doing this swap and had already chucked some longer studs in. The only hard part is the disk needs to be spaced out 6mm from the hub. I read this on toymod forums but checked myself and can confirm 6mm is the correct spacing. I am making my spacers out've high tensile steel since we had a piece of stock the perfect inside diameter of the rotor's hat (130mm)

Piccys:

Original brakes:

CIMG0606Medium.jpg

CIMG0607Medium.jpg

Longer studs:

CIMG0609Medium.jpg

New vs. Old:

CIMG0610Medium.jpg

CIMG0611Medium.jpg

New system:

CIMG0612Medium.jpg

CIMG0613Medium.jpg

CIMG0614Medium.jpg

Wheel isn't bolted on, The rotors aren't much larger in diameter but are more than double the thickness.

I like how stock it keeps everything looking. I'm gonna give things like the brakes and engine bay a spruce up once I've installed everything. Suggestions on engine bay paint schemes please :)