Crownin_Round's criz wags

Spencer

Nah that's a tap knob.

This is a real gear knob

Lowlancer probably knows all there is to know about this style, so I wouldn't be doubting him too quickly if I were you.

Also the style of the wheel plays just as big a part as the dish in which they contain.

well for a start its not a tap lol so... and as i said its a touch of New zealand ive got some appropriate wheels but i hant finished with them yet..

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The dildo style flower gearknob is a big part of showing rebellion? Not really man. It's just an attention grabbing showpiece typically, afaik

I think you need to read up a little on the differences in japanese car culture. Your style of modifications are fairly generic and fit into a variety of genres within the "scene". I'm not a fan of considering any type of car "Bosozoku", unless the owner is in fact a member of said gang. It just seems quite lame and typically western, and I generally take the piss out of it all by calling things "mild boso".

I like your car though, your choices in modding just aren't the same as mine. Life goes on though huh!

I'm guessing you want a fair bit for the wheel, so keep it man, but if you know where any are, holla at me.

Ive done a bit of research on the boso thing and yes what i am doing is "mild" boso to say the best, the rebellious part about my gear knob was the way you would have to acquire it just like the ring i.e you had to thief it from somewhere public transportation etc and the more ways you could show you were rebellious the more likely you would be allowed to cruise with the rest of them around the prefectures at 2am loudly revving your engine and having a distaste for the upper class and the law in general..

So yes i have done my research but no doubt there will be more i can learn and when i take the old girl off the road in the next month or 2 to de-rust it and get the v8 in it ill be taking the "mild boso" mods off as i realize a v8 and modgies are nothing near boso, so calm down everyone lol

And if you want a Nardi make me an offer.. a serious offer ofcourse but ill be looking for something more like a wildcat to suit the modgies and 8

I'm glad Spence has done justice to his one, If it were an EX lancer or whatever and you were ruining that I'm sure everyone would just keep their thoughts to themselves.

But I really do think you're going to ruin this car at the rate you're going...

By justice do you mean keeping it relativly standard looking just on the ground on some steels? (and please don't see this as ragging it out I forking love that car)

Ruining it would be allowing the rust to take over, also I am not out to modify my car to the standards of someone else, though if ever i get an aw11 should i be knocking on your door?

If you think i am ruining a car with some bolt on modifications then read up a little cause they're not staying, if its because i want to put a V8 in it then go comment on every other mother fucker who didn't put an engine in there car that didn't bolt up to the standard mounts....

I'm not overly concerned about the bolt ons,

But cutting a hole through that bonnet is the sort of thing I wouldn't like to see happen to this car.

You can't post things on a public DISCUSSION forum and expect people to agree with everything you do/intend on doing.

I'm just voicing an opinion, I'm not trying to get you to do anything. Just discussing the potential outcomes of your actions.

Do what you got to do man!

I don't expect anyone or everyone to agree with what i want to do, but a few people have decided to just open with there 2 cents on how im going to "ruin" it.. if that's your opinion then say its your opinion before you slam something cause im not flying over everyone's project discussion telling them they're ruining there shit with whatever they are doing and from what Ive seen not many other people are doing that either..

So it goes like this.. "im my opinion a bug catcher would not suit this car" lol

And my other one will have an un-molested bonnet so you can enjoy that one instead.

• 4 weeks later...
just try the engine without the bug catcher and then maybe after you can put it on if you think it still needs it.

Im not the one that decided that i wanted a bug catcher, the car told me it wanted one..

haha each to there own. still such a cool car

Na serious,

img0532.jpg

"Bug catcher goes here"

See the car has already decided..

looks like someone else has had the car talk to them also.. lol

95634538_full.jpg

Was just looking at that earlier.. $15k. What a joke.

Now if it had a mint paint job / interior, good wheels etc then it would be justified.

But a 327 make a $15k car does not.

Bug catcher = no.

95635056_full.jpg

I thought that maybe it could look alright, if done properly, but that picture definitely says otherwise.

Not sure that a bug catcher would be to my tastes, however, reverse cowl a la A9X torana or camaro floats my boat, could look the business on a criz aswell. Would probably need to go with rounded edges to pull it off to keep the same sort of lines that the car already has

Oldschool is a discussion forum and everybody is welcome to their own opinions and suggestions, just try and keep things on topic and positive if you can guys.

This was discussion thread was drifting way off topic and was no longer about anything relating to a Crown wagon, so I tried to clean it up as best I can but without removing anything relevant.

please use correct standard when showing pics of deep dish rims - thats a cellphone - :mrgreen::mrgreen:

thats some wide as reyums yo - any pics of them sitting on the car?

What you got for the front or you joining the narrow halves together and running drag stz ? :D