sheepers MS51 of hyperbolic enlightenment and anomalies

QCADTA

• Replies 759
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

the colour is growing on me.

i wasn't all "OMG its the best colour in the world" when i first stood back and looked at it.

but its growing on me.

i reckon I'm going to block the top off it with some 2000 tomorrow then put some clear on it.

should look OK. if there are pics tomorrow arve then it went well, if no pics then its been a complete balls up.

Hmmm yea sanding mettalics is generally not good, you really want to hit base and clear all in one go. Just scuff it and shoot some more colour then clear to be safe? next time make sure you can get them all done at once? Just dont want you to have issues down the track

yea, i was thinking about it last night and ill put some more colour on then clear it. it looks like its going to be a good day and i can spend all day on it today, yesterday i didn't get into the shed until about 12 and i still had a few things to do.

i have all day to fuck it up today.

im not going to do the bits that matter.

Greg Jordan (of Jordan panel beaters fame) painted my blue one. i did all the prep work at home, we took it up to his booth to lay the top coat on.

ill do the same with the crown.

the colour is growing on me........

it looks way different IRL.

I'm happy with how you get a silver look to it if the light is reflecting right, should make the swages along the car really stick out.

with some luck i should be able to start re-assembling some bits tonight. the brake booster is powder coated black so that should give a good idea of how its going to look.

i started putting things back together last night. its got a booster on the firewall and the windscreen wiper motor as well, its looking very good with the black parts to contrast it.

ill get a few more bits bolted on and take some pics.