low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

KKChris Dan said your front end was metalic flatt. It looked really nice n matt in the workshop, does it get a bit of a shine on when its out in daylight? Do you know how much flttening was added?

Oh shit son - just read this now..

bit late it would seem

looks bloody good mate, you must be proud.. are those stripes stickers or painted on?

Cheers SmithE, Painted on to get the same matt finnish as body. Masking up the hole car was quite a big job turns out!

Also got the perspex windows cut :)

The rear sits real nice and lush low. Hows the front with the engine in?

Gaz

way way way lower, the springs are not even in place in that shot.

Just painted and fitted lex windows and half the body parts and looks way way better. Didn't realise how much stuff i had for her to be assembled! Cant wait to get some time to work on her properly evenings go to quickly.

Have just stolen this of CDL's project and pasting them in here for my own referance so i dont forget to look at doing this to mine! ... (this is exactly why im hoping the matt paint job will be good)

So yip,

have decided that i will infact be side piping

SO much so that I have cut a fucken big hole in my sill haha

So heres some sweet sweet pics

(read shit pics)

So, firstly, i cut a hole in the inner sill, to where i want it to enter. you can also see the sweet prevouisly cut chassis mod

DSCF4820.jpg

Next was to remove the outer sill, and after having a good look reasling there is also a center member in there to, which i had to drill out the spot welds on the out side to realise.

DSCF4824.jpg

Then deciding what how much of the sill to cut out and marking it up

DSCF4825.jpg

then bam, a hole and what the center member looks like, So that gout cut out too for now

DSCF4827.jpg

Then started mocking up the 3 inch as to where it needs to go. I have a lot of work a head of me and fuck all time.

Also have ordered my r32 radatior, which is going to be so fucekn good for cooling

Almost insanly good, So will pick that up on tuesday most likely

DSCF4829.jpg

DSCF4830.jpg

DSCF4831.jpg

Takign pictures and holding stuff at the same time doesnt really give a good indication as to how it will look, but all in very short good time

CDL

ok so took most of the day off to get this pretty much sorted besides a final weld around the pipe and sill and then deciding weather to flush mount or not

At the moment thi is how it is

Fistly a how much or the sill i had to move to get decent welds going on on inner sill

P1010131.jpg

Then re welded on the back of the inner sill

P1010135-1.jpg

And how far the exhuast is which cant be removed from vehicle

P1010136-1.jpg

And the start or rewelding up the outer sill

P1010138.jpg

And how it pretty much looks now, which is terrible with all the exposed welding haha

P1010140.jpg

P1010142.jpg

the bits used to coonect up to new section from old via a flange

P1010137.jpg

And how it looks on the ground,

P1010145.jpg

P1010144.jpg

P1010143.jpg

im kind of half half on which way to have it, flush mount would be so sweet, but i like this look too

Anyways

Love

Allan