low n slows mk1 2door

d.p.n.s

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

tune before boosting please!!!!!!!!

KK seemed to think it would be ok? its got same; computer, injectors, engine, plenum, turbo, and manifold, but different IC, waste-gate, and exhaust (no muff at the moment). and had allot of time on dyno being fine tuned by a link distributor before being removed.

It is hard to start cold without a dab of engine start. could that mean anything bad like running lean? Other than that once primed starts no worries.

haha just check it, boost could be different and fuel pressures and timing. better safe than sorry. turbo cars are unforgiving lol

• 3 weeks later...

That other thread you posted - he has the callipers up the right way - its all about having the bleed nipple at the top (because air goes to the top)

rookie mistake but it happens - so good on you for solving it..

I bet you are gagging to drive it.. Try Slipway perhaps? If it is muffled and you don't want to fang the shit out of it perhaps trailer it out to Makara and take it easy... But its not a good idea if you want to keep your license

That other thread you posted - he has the callipers up the right way - its all about having the bleed nipple at the top (because air goes to the top)

Unless that diff is sitting on the floor upside down thats definatly the way up i had them the 1st time round which is the wrong way up?

Oh well working really well now. Aidan was kicking himself when we discovered what was wrong. :lol:

No windscreen makes it little hard to get away with a sneaky drive.

Were your bleed nipples are at the top to start with or are they at the top now?

Nipples were at the bottom to start with and top now. Nipple being probably 40 odd mm's from centre or caliper.

Such a relief to get it sorted before holidays, was starting to become a downer.

Cheers for advice guys and big thankx to Duncan and Aidan!

If you mean this diff

037-1.jpg

then the bleed nipples are at the top

if you mean this one then its a bit hard to tell but they look like they are the bottom but also look like different type of calipers

dsc05128b.jpg

anyhow it shouldn't matter - you now have bleed nipples at top and you are winning - awesome broe

Ok trying to get this thing ready for the 26th of Jan for the port road sprints

So far paid for club membership so i can apply for clubsport licence.

Need to make exhaust system

Fit belts (need to look at regs for how to fit without having a cage)

Fit steel mounted extinguisher

Got 2 layer suit

Fit windscreen

Wire up alternator

And the one im worried about getting done in time and being able to afford, the tune up :oops: Anyone have any hookups or recomend were to take it? What should something like i require cost so i can budget? Might even be worth driving to palmy to have done if you guys can recomend someone.

Anything else?

I would get the tune done in Welly, where im unsure. Although Andre is expensive I believe he knows these engines. Keeping in Welly means less travel for further tuneups.

I would budget $1000+ for tune. This will allow for some kind of breakage or malfunctioing part which will happen during tune. Injectors, pipework or something similar.

Gaz

Macbuilt or Chequered flag are worth a look. Have heard good things about both.

Belts can be fitted to eye bolts which need 65x65x3mm support plates under the floor + lock nuts or crush washers. Put them inline with the back of the seat and with less than a 45' angle downwards and you're mint.

Belts.jpg

It's all easy work - make it happen! (might join you at port rd too).