Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• 4 months later...
  • Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah should be at taupo on the 21st (provided the tow car is going :P )... Looking forward to it! I've done track 2 in dads 86 road car but suspect this might be a bit different.

It's such a race car. "Took it out, something broke, fixed it. Took it out, something broke, fixed it" Good stuff man. Must be a blast to race.

^ Thats been my life for the last few months....

Phil - the wheels weren't 8's and 9's (they were 7.5's and 8.5's) and the offset wasn't as aggressive as claimed, plus they didn't clear the wilwoods. Didn't end too well...

At least you now have those simmons, they look so sweet

Just had another look at your thread, fuck I love this car. I need to start finishing some projects and save up so I can get one.

Always wanted an ae86, ever since I had one of those squashed up looking toy car versions of them when I was a kid lol

Previous owner had no idea what was in the car really, some of those specs are from previous owners and some are invented I think.

It's a T series rear end with floating axle setup, parallel 4 link mounts etc... I should probably edit that first post.

Hilux diff would be far too heavy :P .