Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

Hard. I'm predicting the teg will be capable of low 25's on road tyres.
n Phew.... Ritchie has the driving skills I think - but that is a big arsk out of a fwd 4clyinder road car. If anyone can do it he probably can (or at least he will get some cute chicks and enter/win a triathalon or two whilst trying) :D

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

^ I expect to be somewhere between high 1.23s and low 1.25s in the race car, on race rubber, with the bazillion dollar engine and 400lbs springs etc. My car couldn't be driven on the road as all your teeth would fall out - but I guess she is 45 years old with little brakes and no LSD.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Fuck D thats my mum!

:P Yeah brad I'm considering going over it with a coat of Saturn black and no gloss... Or I'll just do a trackday with it and it will get a lot more dull :lol: , spraycans aren't ideal.

nzdm - haven't taken this to Taupo yet so will have to see in march. What sort of times are you doing there? I think I want to aim for low 1:20's (1:20-25ish) but really have no idea what to expect.

Oh ok, Ive done a couple of "dual sprints" down there, and the best I have done is a 1:24, bit hard to drive with std seat tho, trying to hang on and drive at the same time aint easy! :D

1:24 seems respectable compared to some of the Superlap cars times :P .

I was hoping the car + me would be capable of doing a 1:20 around track 2... but it's hard to gauge having only driven there for 1 day in a standard 86, and not getting timed. Really have no idea.

And you've settled it then Ben, I'll flatten the paint out next weekend and make sure it's not shiny.

Sweet bumper looks heaps better. Kind of like it better without the black and red inserts in there. I almost think putting in a couple of air intake vent thinking might look cool and work well. Kind of like scaled down versions on the ones that go in the first shape integra type r.

Yeah I agree with you on that one. I have some really fine mesh out in the shed which will be cut to shape and painted black to replace the perspex corners, cutting mesh is far easier then re-making the 2 that got broken. Then will run brake ducts from the bottom 2 vents and a tow hook through one of the other holes.

More pics up!