Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

Haha... I suppose I could run with no cover - it would confuse most people.

Can run no vvti easy enough, just need to remove solenoid and fit adjustable cam wheels... Which can be done if the earlier wheels are the same, but I haven't compared them yet.

Hey Marku have you considered using your Link to do fual and ignition then using an aftermaket cam controller like a Camcon to do the cam phasing?

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/produ ... camcon.htm

I thinking it could be a better soultion rather then removing the vvti allows you retain it plus use your exsitng link

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I've thought about things like that, and am going to do some experimentation, but will likely end up upgrading to G4 link.

I've also thought about whether the Gen3 cams will fit in the beams head... After a quick measure of the lobes and bearing caps it seems possible, but I haven't pulled enough off the beams to be able to measure the whole cam. If that works I'll run no VVTi and adjustable cam pulleys for now.

Hey Marku have you considered using your Link to do fual and ignition then using an aftermaket cam controller like a Camcon to do the cam phasing?

http://www.powerenterpriseusa.net/produ ... camcon.htm

I thinking it could be a better soultion rather then removing the vvti allows you retain it plus use your exsitng link

That wont work, camcon and similar can only modify an existing signal, not make a new one.

its the front bearing race different size as far as I remember, I had a measure up when mike-e had his spare head lying around.

This is correct... had a measure just before....

Which brings me to a new problem / new fuck up..... I pulled the VVTi pulley apart and now have no clue about how it's supposed to go together - 3 x helical gears to mesh and a big spring with a plate behind it... which also has adjustment. didn't realize until afterwards that the hex head on the outside was a plug, and that it all came off together.

Gah.

It's pretty cool though! Figured out how the pulley works with it's oil chambers and crazy gearing set up. Simple, yet complicated - but effective.

its the front bearing race different size as far as I remember, I had a measure up when mike-e had his spare head lying around.

This is correct... had a measure just before....

Which brings me to a new problem / new fuck up..... I pulled the VVTi pulley apart and now have no clue about how it's supposed to go together - 3 x helical gears to mesh and a big spring with a plate behind it... which also has adjustment. didn't realize until afterwards that the hex head on the outside was a plug, and that it all came off together.

Gah.

It's pretty cool though! Figured out how the pulley works with it's oil chambers and crazy gearing set up. Simple, yet complicated - but effective.

There will be a way. They do it in the factory.

I reckon assemble it off the shaft. And put it on all as one.

Can at least give it a go.

Real reason for my post is happy 1111th post.

No way its just some wiring! hardly mind blowing. Oh and a decent airbox.

i know its heaps of coin, but G4 all the way! You should save up and get the better one with 8 injector drivers, then your motor is future proof. Outboard injectors are free power as I said the other day