Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

• Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah and the rest made a sweet boat anchor, nothing salvageable. :evil:

If anyone in Dunners runs into a Hamish Fry, knee cap him, and then let me know, I would like to have a few words with him...

Anyway, Truenotch, I take it youre going to stick with your current ecu for now, and then make use of the vvti down the track when/if you upgrade?

• 2 weeks later...

Just something to keep in mind with gen 3 exhaust cam...

Remember the VVTI head has a narrower cam angle between exhaust and inlet, valves are more straight up and down relative to the top of piston.

So you might need to have the camshaft/camgear rotated a tooth or two different to how you'd set it up compared to the gen 3 engine to start with, to give the same cam opening/closing time relative to TDC.

Or maybe not, just thinking out loud haha.

Very good point Dave! I'll get the dial gauge onto that job and check if they are much different.... The eye-ometer says the are pretty similar, but that can't be trusted.

Looking like it's unlikely this will be finished by Winter Series in June.... So I'm going to gear up my daily driver starlet for RS (Real Slow) cup duties. Keen.

• 3 weeks later...

Do you have autocad?

I've got a drawing here for a plate that the right hand engine mount can bolt to, and bolts to some other hole locations on the block. If you know what I mean haha.

Prints out on an A4 sheet so can maybe send you a 1:1 scale PDF or something if need be, gimme a shout if you're keen.

Do you have autocad?

I've got a drawing here for a plate that the right hand engine mount can bolt to, and bolts to some other hole locations on the block. If you know what I mean haha.

Prints out on an A4 sheet so can maybe send you a 1:1 scale PDF or something if need be, gimme a shout if you're keen.

He's got all that plate sorted and made and bolted on now brew (Thanks to Jase).