Truenotch's BEAMS AE86 racecar discussion

Truenotch

Ohhhh, ok, thanks for clearing that up. How much do those liteace diff heads go for?

Wreckers charge $250 for the front diff. Can sometimes get a whole van for less money. I bought one from a wrecker and a whole van locally for a spare.

You just have to look for the right trans codes to find the ratio's.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 859
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Awesome race stories. So keen to get better race stories myself. Not just, was playing Gran Turismo/Karting.....

Also super looking forward to beamsidness of robin. If you are already clocking the quickest lap times the extra 20-30hp should make it a walk in the park.

Haha! It wont be a walk in the park... I had the quickest lap times for that class, which was a bunch of classics. My normal winter racing consists of time brackets - 1:23 and under, 1:23+ and 1:32+. I had a go in the 1:23+ class last year but ended up going too quick as soon as there was space. So with the beams and a good tune it'll put me near the middle of the 1:23 and faster class.

And Haha... I would be keen for an atlantic 4AGE, but have looked at that in the past and the $$$ rack up way too fast - and that was with already owning a head.

Also, Simon is a cunt.

But yeah, looking forward to beams power... Just working out the logistics of getting it going with a relatively low cash input atm.

I know where your coming from there.

Can you just run it on throttles and your existing link with static/no vvti? I know it won't be at full potential through the mid range but with the right cam advance it will still make good top end and that will be by the the cheapest way to get things rolling again.

edit: please run BEAMS without that gay red cover on it :D they look so ordinary its awesome