pies

steelies' 64 ford wagoon

I like header wrap to keeps temps down and for hiding my ugly exhaust fab.

It only needs to last until you put a Barra in it ready for dragweek/wagweek

• Like 4

I put a set of headers with similar blue paint (pacemaker?) on a previous car I had, taking no care to avoid scratches thinking the blue paint would burn off as soon as I started it

Paint stayed on for as long as I owned it complete with rough guy scratches

Also pays to check the upper ball joint on slammed falcons, especially when the bumpstop is shortened.  Often they run out of travel and the joint binds, some aftermarket ones are particularly bad. 

Shelby drop mod makes it worse and also gives more bump steer on the ones I've checked  

Chur. Yep checked ball joints during hydros install, Radius rod thing hits the frame before joints bind, by some miracle. Bumpstopped before all of that of course. @cletus do you have any experience with American 'bolt in' coil overs for early mustangcoon? 

not that I can remember, done a couple of RRS kits in falcons, otherwise most people seem to go for lowered  springs/ good shocks and that's it

• Like 1

IMG_20190131_213754.thumb.jpg.473f72c057b9e61429fb36341c2c8ab7.jpg

Took this for a fang, not bad. 

Gave myself some scares/jobs with things fouling on others haha. 

Motor does however stutter under load/mostly-wide open throttle ie booting it, sometimes popping out the carb. Timing measures up legit by the manual, but maybe the mark is off? 

Any thoughts? 

• Like 3

Old balancer no longer true/slipped around a bit on the rubber? 

I have seen it a few times on various old cars. Need to take out front spark plug and stick a bolt in and find true tdc. 

/saw a cool video of some diesel bogans and they had a magnetic degree wheel that they just slapped on the balancer. 

Also have my own problems sneezing out the carb. Think its air leaks from worn throttle shaft or the flogged out hole

• Like 1