steelies' 64 ford wagoon

pies

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 months later...

it's got 175/70/14s on mustang steels, theyre sweet. miles from touching anything until frame notch and drop spindles come to the party.(i wish)

have run it quite low on 5-spoke charger steels and 185/55/14, mild sidewall rub in the rear on driveways hairpins etc

may just be able to see in this pic

gv3k4657.jpg

it's got 175/70/14s on mustang steels, theyre sweet. miles from touching anything until frame notch and drop spindles come to the party.(i wish)

have run it quite low on 5-spoke charger steels and 185/55/14, mild sidewall rub in the rear on driveways hairpins etc

may just be able to see in this pic

Cheers for that. I think I am going to use XC-XF falcon steel rims, 14x6 is the norm as offset is correct using these at least to avoid rubbing.

Dropped spindles would be nice, I think after market early mustang ones (is that a dirty word around here? lol)would be best bet

haha yeah we enjoy taking the piss out of muzzies, 1960's mx5 etc haha. each to their own

castlemaine rod shop are now doing falcon drop spindles for cars set up with XF steering knuckles. trouble is you need to run BA brakes and 15"wheels minimum. i wated for years for them to get them done and was like, wa? oh, brake overhaul and big wheels.. nah i'm good haha

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

it was a unused reco when i got it, had been bored/new pistons, balanced rotating assy & lumpy broshaft (the usual reco stuff, new oilpump/timing set/lifters/welsh plubs)

it has good (arp?) bolts/studs in the mains & rod caps. (the motor i had prior to that one had mains cap bolts in the sump lol, it still ran fine)

the carburettor that some dick painted silver was 3 outing recod + bigger jets, i dont tihnk anything else was done to the carb, it was pretty manky.

that motor went sweeeeeet & sounded dope untill the distributer caught on fire, it has max 20 hours on it, i was allways susposcious that it was getting slower

which is why i diddnt bother with it and swapped it with a late model motor, and then happened to at the same time reco the jet, which turned out to be absolutely fucked, but by that stage

i had allready committed to upgrade via anglegrinder and diddnt bother looking at it any further.

you can put points dizzy back in just change the gear over with the one thats in there.

i hope you give it some more history & character.

the dude i got it off would have been upset, he was proud of his engine he had built & had blinged out all the huge efi manfolds and shit.

the beer they brought via scrap money was very tastey and mostley made up for the guilt.

ah wicked thanks man. that seems like such a good score - i never did give you anything for it did i?

probly chuck that shit in there during the next work blitz, after wagnats 2013. haha melty dizzy

anyone know anything about C4s? mine leaks out the shifter arm seal i think, and possibly sump. i also put it in reverse while rolling a couple times, wonder what that did to it. that was multiple roadtrips ago

worth sprucing up before chucking a new motor on?