steelies' 64 ford wagoon

pies

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

haha took me awhile but i figured it out even.

Does the current setup set down the ration of travel between the 2? Seems that if hyrdraulic ram moved out 150mm the coil over would move down only say 100mm. (numbers example only) if ya get me?

Seems as it might.

I was confused when you just had the parts lying around. Sweet way of allowing you to have some susp travel for cruising yet still get the ram length to raise over speed bumps etcetera. How much hyd travel you got? almost seems overly lots? What are the cert regs? what are you wearing right now? you gonna stick with wheel tyre combo or roll somthing else?

I like this a lot

same wheels tyres, 175 70 14 jeah

black jeans hot rod tshirt duh. oh and studded leather harley g-string with tassles

cert can wait.

cylinder stroke at front is too long at about 160mm, will put spacers in to restrict/not put rams through bonnet. lever is 1:1 going for 100mm change in coilover height so a bit more than that at the wheel - coilover halfway along top arm etc.

in the rear the cyl stroke is about 140mm, i've been aiming for about 120mm vertical travel but everythings been shifted around slightly so just gona suck it and see. i did the maths ages ago and have since lost all touch with reality from inhaling grinding dust but i think it's geared up - i'll get a bit more travel than i have cylinder stroke. got me thinkin/worried now, better work it out again today haha

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...