TRD chicks daily Grande

thminiman

spencers car looks so awesome on those wheels and in that colour.

when do you plan on getting tyres and lowering your car k dawg?

ummm, well you just reminded me i gotta pm nobumps and ask what he did about his lowering for his one etc... want to take my wheel out to cambridge this week... and prolly start sussing lowering in the weekend perhaps....

AHHHAAAHHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAAAA!!!!!

You are going to take lowering advice from a guy with the user name nobumps!!!!!?!?!?!?!?

That is SO awesome.

Honestly. Lower your car in EXACTLY the way he tells you to. It will look great :D

edit:

might just get some kings or something and get them compressed.
Thats fucking yuck! Seriously, they will be saggy and grose.
well i dont know of any wreckers that have one of these......
there will be heaps around. have a look. otherwise springs from heaps of stuff will also fit.

HAHA I sent him a pm and was like... so how many coils did you cut off??? didnt even mention anythign about compressing or anything...

but, i want it to ride sweet with 5 up etc after its been lowered, so cutting doesnt really appeal aye...

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Cutting would be more suitable for what you want than compressing.

The less coils you have, the stiffer the spring will be.

That is why we don't compress springs. You get a king spring, which is often quite a crap rate anyway and then compress it more to make it lower. This results in the car sitting nice with no weight in it but it will be wallowy on bumps and with even a little bit of extra weight in it, it will sit on the bump stops.

For what you want I think you will probably need to get something custom made so it sits low and is a high spring rate that doesn't sagg with an extra few hundred kilos in there.

It won't be a super smooth ride anymore I wouldn't imagine.

yeah, i can handle it not being super smooth, but yeah, i dont really understand this spring rate stuff much, might have to get spencer to sit me down and spell it out in simple terms cos im dumb!

with the ke tho, i had kings and it wasnt bumpy or anything, but then i got them compressed and now its super bumpy and stiff.... so i just thort that would be the same for the mark 2... ?

Get a progressively wound spring with a heap of essentially "inactive" weaker rate coils so it gives you a substantial droop.... works well for maintaining a decent ride quality but still a good drop and the springs stiff enough with preload on them.... like what Neuspeed do with theire springs.

Kings and other Aussie springs = largely shit due to use of BHP steel, which sags and fatigues relatively quickly. Euro manufactured springs use chrome vanadium steel as a general rule, much more resistant to the above 2 issues. Useless info for the day.

Yeah I've got kings in the front of my yellow beast, they are just standard 'low' springs but are a bit stiffer, they have already sagged and aren't captive in my struts but the ride isn't too bad, could do with more of a drop though.

I don't know why you ask about lowering your car on here when I've done this shit before and explained it to you. Theres two irs mark 2's at kihi kihi and one in paeroa so theres no worries about springs for cutting. My car rides mint on cutties only gay thing is going 4 up the rears to soft. Best way to combat this would be custom springs where we choose the spring rate then chop them if there to long (its hard for them to get the exact height you want). Which is going to end up cheaper and 1 million times better than compressed kings

• 3 weeks later...
oi where the fucks your mark 2 discussion thread?

directionals on the wrong way ftw/l (right front)

geussing you did that cos of the polishing thing with the other wheel you put on the other side

also, willl look so meke when it slammed

yeah hadnt realised id put it on the wrong side... good spotting tho... Mike-e kindly pointed that out to me... didnt realise my tyres were that extreme!!! hahahaha