si

For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

Awesome, thanks guys. Will give it a good degrease beforehand. Previous "mechanic" at some point over tightened the sump bolts and squished out the cork gasket.

At my very first nzta review ( we do a cert inspection with a reviewer present)  I knocked back a 180sx for a pretty big rear main seal oil leak ( I figured it was dangerous for other road users/ motorcyclists etc ) but I was told there was no rule saying it should fail, so I shouldnt have failed it. 

• Like 1

the parts themselves might be ok, but-

50mm is a lot to lift that type of suspension though. I would recommend you undo your top shock mounts and jack the car up- make sure the strut top can come away from the body more than 50mm and figure out where things bind/run out of travel/cv joints fall out etc

• Like 2

On ‎6‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 12:58, Carsnz123 said:

I'm back on this idea again. 

What happened about this @cletus

Info-2012%20New%20Scratch-built_Modified

can I put an open speedster body using the original scuttle and bonnet and not have to worry about cert? Mechanicals are original. 

https://lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_02-2013_New_SB_&_Mod_Prod_LVV_definitions.pdf

would need certification, and as for whether it would be modified production or scratch built, you would have to come up with a plan of what you want to build, and have a chat to a local certifier about this part;

"In the case where any doubt exists as to the authenticity of a vehicle, a Category 1D LVV Certifier will inspect and confirm the exact status of the vehicle, and record this through the LVV FS010 Statement of Authenticity (see note [d] of ‘Modified Production’ definition), which will be reviewed and verified by the LVVTA office prior to commencement of the LVV certification process. "

9 hours ago, azzurro said:

im all for saving it, but not as a folly/lost puppy, it needs to be able to get back on the road within a reasonable budget. 

still, even if the budget blows out it will be cheaper than a kombi!

the guy with it isn't a bad joker, we got the Imp Sport off him many many days ago

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nominal said:

You should grab this one from Marshlands Rd while you are at it.

P1000255.JPG

would actually be worth cutting up to throw in the back.

Mrs has given 'approval' via eye roll rather than a flat NO and would be willing to come on a collection run/South Island Holiday at some point

Whats the gig with this marshlands place - is it being cleared out so need to rush/are the people ok to deal with etc?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, azzurro said:

would actually be worth cutting up to throw in the back.

Mrs has given 'approval' via eye roll rather than a flat NO and would be willing to come on a collection run/South Island Holiday at some point

Whats the gig with this marshlands place - is it being cleared out so need to rush/are the people ok to deal with etc?

@Carsnz123 can likely haul it out for you. Last time I was there the custodian only wanted complete vehicles taken out.

Haven to been there for a while. Been busy with other shit. If it's there I'm happy to pull it out and drag it to mums a couple kms away. 

• Like 2

14 hours ago, azzurro said:

Im considering buying a deregistered rare italian vehicle from the 1960s. It has rust, but not so bad in the scheme of things.

Im not scared of the rust but i am scared of getting it reregistered/certified.

Other than the ownership malarkey (which may also be a bit of a thing - has plates and old stickers but no papers and carjam doesnt know about it), whats the story with the repair certification that it will surely require? Im not interested if i have to pay a guy to do the rust work, but happy to have someone review my work.

Who is a good repair certifier to chat with in Auckland, west preferably.

Basically this this a good idea or have i gone quite mad?

I recently discovered that my car is no longer in the system.

Long story short I fucked up. 

I spoke to s gent named Duncan about two weeks ago. An old mate did his time under him. 

He said that it's $120 for the first inspection. From there a plan will be made as to how to progress forward. 

I can't strip it till he has seen it as he wants to be "in charge" of the processes from the start. So he wants to see it pre and post strip. The plan is then made. He will mark out all areas to be repaired 

So He did not say it directly but once he was happy with how you work he would be happy with lots of photos to document each repair made. 

Total cost was unknown as it would all depend on number of visits and length of report needed etc. 

Hope that helps 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Would these speaker pods be warrantable here or would they be considered a dangerous internal projection? They look to me like they might obstruct your feet more than just a bit.

72534b9a6fc5.jpg

Do you need working hazard lights for a wof? I cant see any mention in the VIRM so im guessing not? The switch is there but doesnt work. Indicators all work though.