For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i have looked at a few of them (probably 6 or 7 over the last 8 years) and priced it up, all but 1 ended up removing the rear seats and belts, it gets quite expensive to do.

Wait.....thats a thing!?

Will be very happy if yes.

Wait.....thats a thing!?

Will be very happy if yes.

Sure, I think it might have been discussed up-thread..

From LVVTA site:

Can I remove my rear seats from my vehicle?  

Yes, however to pass a WoF the seatbelts will also need to be removed from the vehicle

my diff/driveshaft area is hard on my tunnel can i take to it with a hammer to gain clearance or is it a no no, or should i be legit and get the floor raised up a bit over this area

if its hard on it you would need to cut it and raise it, beating it with a hammer would probably not give it enough clearance

Sure, I think it might have been discussed up-thread..

From LVVTA site:

Can I remove my rear seats from my vehicle?  

Yes, however to pass a WoF the seatbelts will also need to be removed from the vehicle

I meant with regards to that bypassing the rusty floor rule.  It must do.  Would be stupid to have no rear seats and still fail a wof for shitty seatbelt anchorages.

You can chop a solid rear to add camber, then grind it flush to hide it. Maybe he's been caught out before. Alignment is good for saving tyres though, so not a complete waste of money. I assume he would need to camber specs for the front as well anyway? Since camber is now dangerous lol.

• Like 1

every time we submit the paperwork, and it says lowered suspension, we have to supply a wheel alignment report, I know its dumb in your case as the front is only lowered a minimal amount but thats the rules.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_04-2012_Suspension_Camber_Angle_Guide.pdf

as for the towbar bolts being loose, if the vehicle hasnt had a recent wof check then we have to do a basic safety check like a wof as part of the inspection, that is a legal requirement.

if you have a problem with the inspection, feel free to ring me on 0274 522 049

Clint.

• Like 3

Stop complaining lol, it sounds like you have a pretty small list of things to sort out! Clint knows first hand the amount of retards who try to cert dodgy shit so hes doing us all a favor by checking the rest of the car as well!

• Like 2

if you remove the blocks and raise the front back up, you wont need the alignment report.

its the front suspension being lowered that means you need the alignment report, as you have pointed out, the lowering blocks make no difference to camber, when we do a cert check on a 4x4 with solid diffs front and rear we dont have to get a wheel align report.

My point for you in long hand:

Nobody finds it odd that if the suspension was stock it wouldn't need a check but I could modify it as soon as I had a cert and it's still legal?

once its certed then the vehicle has to match what the cert plate says, so if its certed for an engine swap and has original suspension, then it gets lowered, it needs certing again- even if the modifications fall within the wof criteria

once its certed then the vehicle has to match what the cert plate says, so if its certed for original suspension, then it gets lowered, it needs certing again- even if the modifications fall within the wof criteria

So if it has never been certed for anything, and it gets lowered without certing but falls within wof criteria,

Does it need certing?

lol mindfuck