For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

racecars are different, they have an authority card that allows them to do what they like etc.

i can't imagine many adjustable suspension that will work across its complete range without becoming uncaptive, adding to much bump steer or being to low etc.

Please go and do some proper research, even just looking at a cert plate will tell you more than what you know now.

• Like 2

Though I do like this, getting a cert for bags would be EASY AS FUCK as you'd just set it to the factory height setting and DONE!

Not quite? Bags still need a cert, and lock out when driving etc, unless youve got autolevelling to ride height at 20km/h somehow setup

Please excuse me for sharing my ill informed thoughts, I must be coming across as a cunt.

Thanks Chees, will do, I'll go learn it all before asking any questions, I'm glad to start with learning that an AC allows you to compete in any form of racing.
Could you advise me when I know it all?

(I'm sorry, that was an example of being a cunt just for comparison for my read back.)

I'll delete this later, as it's great tongue in cheek.

a cert is a complete wof check + 150% more thorough, so they check everything.. eeeeverything

so I'd be patting the guys back for finding loose nuts on ya towbar tbh

you cant just cert 1x thing, ie widened wheels or a turbo, and expect them not to look at the rest of the vehicle as a whole

might be learning the hard way but that's pretty much what has stopped most people making minor/simple alterations like blocks or adjusties (sure coil-overs are a level up on ease of cockupness ability but you get my drift maybe)

• Like 1

Same with everything mate, the minority ruin it for the rest.

While i agree with the "who writes these rules" comment

These are written by someone behind a desk who writes a limit to use across the board "aka for everyone" and you only have to look at the camber rules to see there was little thought put into the variety of car choice, aka it was rushed in to limit the crazy amounts of camber that was enveloping the overseas car scenes at the time. 

Reality its has to be simple enough for every tom, dick and harry in a blue uniform to enforce and alot of them are not technical people who are even interested in the exhaust , adjustable suspension and height regulations written..............

Now you have to get a piece of paper that says you camber is within the allowable factory limits for the vehicle recorded on your cert file to show the car/ute/bus/lawnmower can be adjusted to fit inside the factory limits, here by covering the LVVTA if an accident was caused by the geometry your car was setup too.

Shame really as Guys like Clint (based on his answers on here) are very practical/knowledgeable when assessing what they consider safe only to be told what limits are safe by someone else because someones mate-certifier doesn't value safety as much (or people are prepared to push stupid to a whole new level).

Its easier for LVVTA to assume that the thing is safe with a small deviation from from the manufacturers limits than to consider every vehicle on a case by case basis........

Not really looking forward to the first officer having a bad day to test my knowledge  but i guess that's his problem.........

Had to spend a fortune Cutting/welding/making everything adjustable to get my 1600 back to factory settings, End of the day once its set ill make some markings with a punch to adjust back too depending on the amount of road use it gets...........

Keep up the good work Clint

• Like 3

I am not having a go at you but it has to be said that your posts are coming across as whining and much stamping of feet.

However your beef should be with your suspension guy. He was the one that told you that you don't need a wheel alignment for the cert. He is the one who wrongly assumed your certifier wanted it for the rear suspension when in actuality it is for the front suspension lowering.

Your car was lowered when it went in for the cert so of course the certifier is going to base his certification checks at that height. How would he know your intentions to raise it back up unless you explicitly told him.

You have clearly admitted that you don't know it all. (and I will admit the same applies to me in this subject) so why are you questioning someone whose job is to know it all about this subject in particular.

If you think you have suffered mistreatment at the hands of a certifier then I'm sorry but in this case you look to be quite wrong. The fact that you are referring to Clint, it makes it even harder to get on your side here because I can categorically state that he is an upstanding dude and on a scale of 1-10 of fairness then I would rate him a solid 10 out of 10.

If anything can come out of this then it should be a good lesson that if you are doing modfications to a vehicle then consult your certifier and make a plan before starting so you know what you are expected to do and at what stage you need to get him in to look at your work - if at all.

Cheers

• Like 3

TO MAKE IT CLEAR: (AGAIN)

I'm not having a go at Clint. I think he's swell.

I'm informing others what I didn't know (which is plenty) about EVERYTHING is checked.

Fuck me I didn't know, I'm so sorry I ever shared. Please forgive me for not being a certifier.

FOR THE RECORD:

I have not been mistreated by Clint, I've been very well treated, I think he's fucking swell.

I HAVE SAID SO already but I've now deleted it as it's obviously not read, I imagine it won't be again.

But if words shall be misinterpreted and I shall be called to be "whinging", "complaining" and "feet stomping" I shall retract everything.
It was never for my gain to post, I did so knowing that some of you would misinterpret and be bitchy about it.  

But still posted as it's information for the next member to read and learn.

Sorry next member if you're after some info, sorry to the current members for deleting things or because you misinterpreted my words, sorry to Clint though I doubt he thought I was having a go at him.

Please send the other bloke to finish my cert next time should you think so, or just have a go at me when I see you next.
I don't mind, I'll even say sorry in person, I'll buy you a god damn beer if you want.

Not all do, here are the guidelines I read/followed.

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_09-2011_Drive-shaft_Safety_Loop_Requirement_Clarification.pdf

I did some research on that when doing mine, I do not have one and Clint has not required me to have one yet.

It may change on the cyclic test but we'll see. It would not be a problem should it be required.

Disclaimer:

I'm not having a go at anyone.

I do not know it all.
I offer only an area for you to check out from the lvvta.
I offer no opinion as to how it applies to your vehicle.

I'll still get shit.

I'm taking the piss.

• Like 2

What is defined as a significant increase in power? I have increased the power for my VK from 54kw (Starfire) to 114kw (RB30) (Wikipedia KW spec LoLzz) so yes that is a 'significant' increase in that respect but as the rb30 was factory in a VL (pretty much the same as VK) and the motors stock, it's not really a significant increase for the body?

So hoop required or nah?

Starting to get car ready for cert so Yee

And that bit about #43? Fs010. It's mostly a bolt in swap with all factory components bar the gearbox xmembers which is a homemade affair. So that means its not under that umbrella?