For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Thats true.

Will report back tomorrow

Edit: ^ Yep, thats what the cert guy i am using said. Emphasised the 50x60 washers with 10mm bolts.

Will ask him tomorrow.

Though i don't want to be one of those people who try and argue etc. As that could make my life dificult come cert time....

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

urban myths/old wives tales etc. its not in the rules.

they are so prevalent though, sometimes its easier to just put the exhaust out the back, rather than deal with all the wof inspectors or police who think they heard from their mates neighbors uncle who bought a dog from a retired guy who worked at a testing station in the 70s, that an exhaust must exit 12 inches past the last opening window

2003-mercedes-benz-slr-mclaren-9.jpg

• Like 7

So what's the yarn with these brake test things?

If one was to upgrade their 2K engine to a 3K (or 4K) engine, they would technically need to do at least the 3 cycle brake test (three stops from 100 km/h in two minutes at a average deceleration of no greater than 0.65 G).

I have my doubts that a 3K would happily get from 0-100-0 three times in two minutes, would this make it fail?

Or would it just be a case of 'that particular model of car also came from factory with 3K engines, no brake test is required'? (Would this also apply to driveshaft hoops?)

With regards to exhaust I want to run a flowmaster exiting under the drivers door under normal conditions it will be capped and a quiet exhaust will be used running off the back of it. Is this OK? I love a bit of noise and free flow at the track but on the street I'd rather hear the radio. Will be certified for the V8 so don't want to build it then have to chop it off.

Wof exhaust rules

Reason for rejection...

The exhaust system is so constructed or modified that its operation or effectiveness can be readily interfered with, eg the driver is able to interfere with the exhaust system by operating a manual switch, or the exhaust is fitted with a flame thrower kit.

IMO of you need tools to make it loud then it will pass a wof

• Like 1

'that particular model of car also came from factory with 3K engines, no brake test is required'? (Would this also apply to driveshaft hoops?)

Unfortunately not. I looked into this when I was considering converting my AE92 to 4AGE Waddup power, using all factory AE92 gear but it'd still require a cert as the car itself came factory with a 4AF, completely regardless of the fact that the same model car came EFI from factory and all the parts would drop straight in.

Or would it just be a case of 'that particular model of car also came from factory with 3K engines, no brake test is required'? (Would this also apply to driveshaft hoops?)

This never applies. Ever. Lvv certification is completely passed on what you car originally was fitted with. If it has been modified from that then this test will be applied... So if you fit a 3k to a 2k car it will need to be certified and past the appropriate tests...

Good thing I have the mighty 4K and will never be in need of moar powers

Yetchh (I think) put a 2L in his 121 or something and just had to get a letter from Mazda saying that the motor came out in 121s also or something when he went in for compliance?

I'm pretty sure that's not gravy... If a 121 in would effectively need a Certificate of Description saying that cars with 2.0L were identical in every other way. However LVV still don't take that into account.

its all about what that car in particular was originally fitted with.