For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

But the prices haven't been doubled have they? Seems business as usual from what Cletus said. What did the rumour say the current price was? I would have thought prices would have always varied depending on mods. ~$500 is pretty good for basic mods IMO. Scratch built might be the equivalent of a weeks work for a certifier, work out the hourly rate and it seems to be legit.

• Like 2

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

But the prices haven't been doubled have they? Seems business as usual from what Cletus said

this, prices will be going up around $35-$40 from what they are now. Not double.

the increase is due to another staff member at LVVTA starting recently.

• Like 1

yep.

a cert for adjustable suspension, basic mods will be from around 500.

scratch built vehicles are dependant on how much work is involved- anywhere from $1200-2000

theres more to it than checking the bolts are done up. youd be surprised how many people fuck it up, thinking they know everything about suspension because they got some coilovers and camber arms in their silvia

That's quite different from this though Cletus. Lance didn't come anywhere near these prices.

yes, yours would have been a lot more work than a $500 one, once you get into changing the complete front suspension design of the car theres a lot more work to do, even though yours seems simple as its the same configuration,  it is the same process and paperwork as a scratch built vehicle.

so what will we be looking at now for a simple engine transplant? still around the $500 mark? or more?

Also...... on my galant it has a two piece driveshaft which i'll be replacing with a one piece jobby and my engine transplant means i'll need a dshaft hoop. Soooo can i use the bolt holes from the center bearing bracket thing to mount the hoop?

I think the hoop has to be within 200mm of the front universal.

that sound right?

Within 250mm according to the latest amendment

http://www.lvvta.org.nz/documents/infosheets/LVVTA_Info_09-2011_Drive-shaft_Safety_Loop_Requirement_Clarification.pdf

Depends on the bracket mounts, I suppose. If you bolt it to the floor it needs a doubler plate and 2 10mm bolts each side.

• Like 1

Probably already covered but I couldn't find anything in the search...

What's the latest rules around importing LHD and special interest? Is there still (or was there ever) a 2-year ownership period required before you can sell it? Is 20+ year old stuff still exempt from having to be RHD/emissions/frontal impact compliant?

Probably already covered but I couldn't find anything in the search...

What's the latest rules around importing LHD and special interest? Is there still (or was there ever) a 2-year ownership period required before you can sell it? Is 20+ year old stuff still exempt from having to be RHD/emissions/frontal impact compliant?

Ownership restriction (4 years) applies to modern vehicles (the special interest category). However it isn't an issue for the 20 year and older LHD.

• Like 1

Hi guys,

As part of a diesel upgrade (1HZ) into my Landcruiser (FJ40) I'm doing power steering, using a power steering box out of an 60 series landcruiser.

This has been done plenty of times, so no biggie, but what are the requirements for steering shafts (Firewall to box) for Cert?

Are there any specific requirements for the shaft? 

Just weighing up options.

Cheers

hey ma mates......

does this way off 4 linkin a caddy tick all the boxs?

http://www.mk1dubz.com/forums/showthread.php?s=994f589688f944ba4e537e9c119de9fe&t=1024

churrrssssssss!! :geek:

effectively thats a two link/ladder bar since the chassis pivot points are the same. it could be legal (afiak a ladder bar rear suspenion can be certed) not sure what the cert man would think of the attachment bolting/bracing. I guess its not a driven axle, but braking loads can be pretty high too.