For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

westy- you rang me a while back about the bmw with the front end changed around?

if thats the case the design approval will be for non oe front end geometry- a front suspension with changed pickup points/geometry etc has to be approved by tac.

so did you take it for a cert inspection and the certifier asked you to get design approval, or did the car pass and the certifier sent the paperwork through and it got picked up then?

westy- you rang me a while back about the bmw with the front end changed around?

if thats the case the design approval will be for non oe front end geometry- a front suspension with changed pickup points/geometry etc has to be approved by tac.

so did you take it for a cert inspection and the certifier asked you to get design approval, or did the car pass and the certifier sent the paperwork through and it got picked up then?

Yeah, that's the one. Thing is, it is OE front end geometry from the e46, the two cars share a surprisingly similar setout. No custom or one-off parts. I'd have thought the rear would have been more of a concern, but anyway. Maybe i didn't quite explain things well enough?

As I understand it, Lance either contacted them about it or preempted the Design Approval. He also suggested the Car-o-liner report and has completed the paperwork on my behalf. Spoke to him yesterday and found out that the confirmation will be sent to me, not him, hence the question of time.

By all accounts there's no problem with it, save a couple of minor notes on the rectification form. Just have wait. One thing I'm not much good at.

Hi Clint,

A quick question of legality for coil over making.

Is it certifiable to section a strut to fit a shorter insert by cutting a section out and welding it back together.

Like so:

Picture0041.jpg

Then welding the two pieces together.

Thanks

Am I missing something or could you just get a new thread cut to the now shorter strut tube? Rather than moving the current section down and having to weld it together.

threaded section is often a different diameter to main body of strut, but nothing a decent engineer couldn't fix.

Heya Clint, what's the go with having brackets welded onto existing trailing arm mounting points (welding done on rear subframe) so that I'm able to get some camber/toe adjustability?

What I'm looking at purchasing:

http://www.e30tech.com/forum/showthread.php?t=80410

There's an example further down the page.

Does it need to be mentioned for a cert? Crack testing needed?

Thanks.

Has anyone had experience removing a pink sticker without the paper work that's normally issued?

Go to VTNZ - aquire WOF

Go to Copshop and get desk sergant (sp?) to come out and look at your car is legit - you remove sticker.

Do skid - profit

Hey probably already been asked but for cert purposes on custom coilovers, does the spring have to be captive accross the total range of adjustablility? Or just in the +/-5% stated on the cert plate? Will add keepers if required but at the moment there is about a 10mm gap if they are wound right down.

Cheers