For Questions Regarding WOFs/CERTs/NUMBER PLATEs

si

Hey I just brought. A car with current wof n reg found it has a rotary engine while the rego number shows it having a 2L piston, the previous owner thought it was factory and never had problems getting wof do I have to get a cert ?

• Replies 9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yup cert is required.

Re. Driveshaft loop, I am pretty very sure nuts are required, 2 x M8 (or imperial equiv) a side. The crossmember probably hasn't got the required thickness, even though the specs are way overkill anyway.

I dont think your allowed to even if its your only option. It simply has to be bolted with washers and nuts.

DAMN - the problem is unless I unstitch that crossmember there is nowhere else to put the front loop - any further back and it will be more than 150mm from the front UJ and any further forward and the handbrake mechanism is in the way.

Sorry if silly suggestion but can you get some weld nuts onto the hoop bar?

Hmmm I could do I suppose if that is legit. Biggest problem will be it is VERY tight to get everything in there as it is because it has to be slipped in on a weird angle to get in there having nuts welded on would double the gap required and would be a struggle I think.

Yes it will need a cert, just because the previous owner was lucky/knew someone who would turn a blind eye and give it a wof doesn't mean anything really

Am I in any position to question the old owner or is it solely my problem now to get it certified as he never told me about it?

Legally, if he didnt know then I dont think its his fault. If he knew and is playing dumb then you may have a foot to stand on.

For the sake of $500 for cert (assuming nothing major needs doing) it might not be worth it.....

DAMN - the problem is unless I unstitch that crossmember there is nowhere else to put the front loop - any further back and it will be more than 150mm from the front UJ and any further forward and the handbrake mechanism is in the way.

Hmmm I could do I suppose if that is legit. Biggest problem will be it is VERY tight to get everything in there as it is because it has to be slipped in on a weird angle to get in there having nuts welded on would double the gap required and would be a struggle I think.

Could you replace those side bits and do it a bit more like this?

RkgPTQL.jpg

• Like 1

vi.jpg

needs  4x  3/8 or 10mm bolts holding it to the floor or to that crossmember

if it was me id probably do how it is in yellow and leave that little crossmember alone

you can shorten the "u" sections if you want, and weld it together if that makes it easier instead of bolts

both yowzer and durty ideas would be fine too