Romans 2005 Toyota Echo

Roman

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was expecting the gearing to be a bit meh with the small capacity na engine, but it's getting along pretty nicely, definitely more pull in the next gear than I anticipated. 

Just need to work on your video data overlay skills. 

EDIT: I use race render, it seems happy to accept most .csv files and will take the data from the factory Honda ecu in my civic, it'd be fine with link ecu data no doubt too.

https://racerender.com/Products/index.html

• Like 1

Yeah I had race chrono recording on the phone, I think it can spit out a data overlay to plonk onto a vid. But havent had a look yet. 

Yeah I was short shifting a bit too, usually a little under 8500 as I was worried about blowing the motor up and not making it home. 

But so far so good haha. 

Dyno man says he's free soon-ish as well, so I didnt want to nuke the motor before I get back to that. 

• Like 7

Here's my fastest lap, I managed to get the RaceChrono overlay working. 

There are a few spots where the GPS takes a little while to catch up, as I think I had my phone just stuffed down into the door card or something haha.

Also, I thought I'd end up running quite hot. So I set up my buzzer to start bleeping at me if it crossed 110 deg coolant temp. 
Because I'm using a standard radiator that's got lots of bent fins and bugs jammed in it. 
Maximum temp was 108 degrees near the end of a run. Happy with that.
I think a good condition standard radiator would be plenty. With some better ducting towards it if needed.

image.thumb.png.2a19919dcd8e506d8ac4edfb5d4f670f.png

• Like 7

5 hours ago, Roman said:

Looks pretty slammed during cornering haha

how does it survive the ripple strips on the corners? sounds like a suspension torture test in the videos. 

does it need a better radiator or just a new one or are there any air flow/ducting improvements possible?

Do the standard rads have plastic tops etc?

if your replacing I would probably be looking at something full alloy to remove the issue of cracking plastic later, even if its standard size (may even be cheaper then a genuine rad as well)

Keen to see what ducting you come up with :)

• Like 1

I've never had issue with plastic top tank radiators in the carina, I think they only go bad once they have zillions of KM on them and maybe with shitty coolant perhaps? 

Yeah I'll have a look around, I think some people have said that radiator for Scion XA or XB on Ebay is very cheap and fits. 

• Like 1