Diffs

johnny.race

• 1 year later...
  • Replies 225
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

@johnny.race what's the deal with the truetrac lsd's into a 2006 hilux rwd drive diff. Are they a straight bolt in? (with preloading of course) are there any other things needed parts wise? Sick of spinning one wheel all the time, there's a hilux 3.58 lsd on the tard for $1100 but for the price I thought I might as well get a better option. 

6 minutes ago, yetchh said:

@johnny.race what's the deal with the truetrac lsd's into a 2006 hilux rwd drive diff. Are they a straight bolt in? (with preloading of course) are there any other things needed parts wise? Sick of spinning one wheel all the time, there's a hilux 3.58 lsd on the tard for $1100 but for the price I thought I might as well get a better option. 

Mate, I've never had anything to do with fitting a Truetrac into Hilux housing. I'd expect it to be bolt in with nothing special though. If I was doing it, I'd spend an extra $50 and go with the solid pinion spacer too. Even the good/tight OEM Hilux ones you come across are no match for good aftermarket offerings when it comes to lock up. They do remain popular though. I'm selling that 3.58 LSD on TM at the moment. It actually sold today - get paid for/uplifted tomorrow. Late model 3 point something :1 LSD's are always worth reasonable money. A grand for a good one is a good deal. They can go for alot more. 

1 hour ago, johnny.race said:

Mate, I've never had anything to do with fitting a Truetrac into Hilux housing. I'd expect it to be bolt in with nothing special though. If I was doing it, I'd spend an extra $50 and go with the solid pinion spacer too. Even the good/tight OEM Hilux ones you come across are no match for good aftermarket offerings when it comes to lock up. They do remain popular though. I'm selling that 3.58 LSD on TM at the moment. It actually sold today - get paid for/uplifted tomorrow. Late model 3 point something :1 LSD's are always worth reasonable money. A grand for a good one is a good deal. They can go for alot more. 

Hah that was you selling it.. Damnit. If id known I would have bought it. Should have posted here earlier, I actually asked you a question about it on the auction before this. 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Just for your info, yes the eaton truetrac heads are like a factory replacement. Just install and set up like usual. AFAIK they are like that in the hilux, ford 9" and mopar options. 
WAY better than any of the factory lsd types. Just be careful to run the correct fluid, do not use any of the lsd oils, and think even the synthetic options are a no go, just run basic 80-90 or 90-140 mineral gear oils.

• Like 1