Jump to content

Adoom's 1972 Triumph 2000


Adoom
 Share

Recommended Posts

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Solution for your AN fittings space issue on oil lines, 

Tap for tapered NPT or BSP and get some angled fittings. Then you you can aim them away from each other enough to get the hoses tightened up. 

Or get some crimped to suit with bsp one end and AN female at other end to hook up to filter housing.

Screenshot_20210131-220850_Chrome.jpg

Link to comment
Share on other sites

12 hours ago, Muncie said:

Solution for your AN fittings space issue on oil lines, 

Tap for tapered NPT or BSP and get some angled fittings. Then you you can aim them away from each other enough to get the hoses tightened up. 

Or get some crimped to suit with bsp one end and AN female at other end to hook up to filter housing.

 

Good idea. I managed to sort it another way.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 1 month later...

Throw away the stainless nuts on the vee bands, use copper or zinc passivated.. Also you can salvage the old v-band by tig welding a bit of threaded rod or bolt thread, if you find yourself short. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 6 months later...
2 hours ago, Nominal said:

Nice work on getting it running. You must be pleased.

injectors could be sticky, worry about it later.

Thanks, it feels like I passed a milestone.

I should probably move on to wrapping the loom with the expanding mesh sleeve stuff I bought yonks ago. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 4 weeks later...

In my experience your leaks would disappear if you threw away those cool looking clamps and just used budget worm clamps. 

The t-bolt clamps can work OK-ish when you gave a barb or bead to shoulder to snug up against but seem to be near useless when clamping over a bit of parallel tube. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

45 minutes ago, mjrstar said:

In my experience your leaks would disappear if you threw away those cool looking clamps and just used budget worm clamps. 

The t-bolt clamps can work OK-ish when you gave a barb or bead to shoulder to snug up against but seem to be near useless when clamping over a bit of parallel tube. 

Damn, I got the cool looking clamps because there were going to be so many of them and right in your face.

I did put a bead on the aluminium tube, using the modified vice grip method. Maybe it will help if I move the clamp right on top of the bead, rather than beside it?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Lubricating the hose under the clamp with silicone spray so they don't pinch when tightening appears to have fixed the leaks.

Now I'm trying to identify the cause of an oil leak at the adapter plate for the remote mount oil filter. I'm hoping it's just the figure 8 o-ring that needs replacing, not a pin hole in the weld.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...