UJ builds a cabin in them thar hills

Unclejake

Yup. It will be less than a minute walk from the house, but the house is a couple of years away.  

The contractors are cutting an earth driveway towards the house site in November. I should be able to 4x4 to within a minute walk to the cabin in December. That. Will. Be. Awesomeness:-)

• Like 1

• Replies 199
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 20/10/2017 at 19:59, yoeddynz said:

he he he.. giggle... dont worry. Its just me talking shit, in relation to that old standing joke about to Manus old chestnut of moving his house...

It's a while ago now, but weren't some people 100% sure that a truck could make it around that corner?

That cabin's looking awesome UJ. I'm doing a tiny house build this summer but I have no comprehension of timber framing so it'll be welded steel with wood stuck on to it.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The only 'cooling' is opening windows and insulation. The leadlights will let in winter afternoon sun, but not much in summer. The windows will probably let in morning sun, but I hardly ever get up there before 11am so that's speculation. Regardless, it's a lovely place to be and I am really happy sitting about up there 'neath the trees. :-)

Thanks for all the kind words and likes everyone. It's appreciated.

• Like 5

Looking lush. I'm loving all of your windows. I keep spotting old Rimu windows, often sash windows, at various recycling centres and instantly picturing litten cabins built around them.

Our housetruck has 4 ceiling windows, nothing flash- just perspex, but great for watching the stars at night! Those leadlights you've scored are fantastic! Bloody bargain!!!!

• Like 1