Blizzo's '83 KP Starlet rally car

BLIZZO

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I doesn't like yellow and green, ain't no blardy Aussie mayte. I like the stripes like the picture on the top of this page, that's what inspired my first concept and it too would be easy to do. The white and green one would require a shit tonne of vinyl / pretty much reprinting the whole car, and haven't found one colour that looks good against the yellow. I'm leaning towards my take on the renner in yellow and white that fliboi posted, will bang it up nice I do a concept

so i think i have nailed this one to one colour scheme that i like (and is easy and cheap), and suits my purpose. just need to decide on which variation of this scheme i use. I have chosen this as i have to repair rust on the bottoms of the doors anyway, so this makes it just a quick spray of white over what needs painting anyway, then a black vinyl strip over the join in the paint. the colour will continue the same line along the hatch at the rear. help me decide between these 6 options-

1-

2.jpg

2-

4.jpg

3-

3.jpg

4-

1.jpg

5-

5.jpg

6-

6.jpg

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

righto guys who here knows stuff about painting stuff. Im fine with the how too, just unsure about products.

So far i have decided to paint the car white, and in a 2k single stage (no clear coat) paint.

I have found this on trademe for $185 for 4 litres, would anyone suggest that it would be wrong for what i want?

420608498.jpg

Cheap is good cos rally car and it will undoubtedly need doing again some time soon in the future.

So becuase its 2k im going to go buy a good respitator, i have a couple of really good HVLP guns, i have etch primed the bare metal stuff.

Im unsure on what sort of primer to use, do u just use a single pack primer, or a 2k primer? so many different variants of shit.

All advice would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Use a 2k high build primer, it will go straight onto bare metal without a problem. That paint looks ok, but I would try your luck at the local panel beaters as I'm pretty sure I did better than that price, and they will probably get you better paint anyway. Paint is one of those things that can make your life can become a whole bunch better just by spending a few extra dollars.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Hey guys, windscreens! Who has installed seal type

Windscreens using the old piece of string method? Is this as easy as it looks? Should I use some kind of non setting windscreen sealer in there as well? Any help appreciated.

Hope to put them in one night this week.

Yes and yes, bostick 5615 .. just put the Zephyr one in by myself, put it in bottom first. I used a block of wood and light tapping with a hammer to seat the seal down on the bottom lip once I'd pulled the string out, and push it down from the inside. It never quite worked as well as the YouTube tutorials but they're were using new seals vs my old ones, I just took my time working the string out bit by bit and making sure the seal was down on the lip.. took about 20-25min once I'd applied the sealant...