Tour of Love 2, pre-nats'15 coromandel area

Steelies

mexcellent, so i'm going to pick up some mopar freight from the airport on saturday (feb28) morning and we'll start heading north shortly after.

plan being to get to rotoruaish for that night, then hit the corowangdel penisular next day. head up the west side to coro/colville area for a couple days then over to east side to bum around whitianga /daytrips out hot water /cooks beach ways.

got the odd mum to visit along the way etc.

with all that in mind, who's likely to be in the convoy?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive driven the road over to Otama (and then further on to Opito Bay) plenty of times. Ther eis only a small section of gravel road to get to Otama, and then another logner bit if you want to go further.

Is a pretty standard gravel road, so would be OK for most cars that arnt super boned. (All going to plan my car will be one of the lower ones so Ill eat my hat if it turns out to be shit haha)

Update on this front. Went over to Opito Bay (which is past Otama) over xmas. The road to Otama is mostly sealed, easily conquorable, And then it is mostly unsealed from Otama throught to Opito. Its a bit bumpy (road irtslef is good, just gravel makes it bumpy) but still doabale for most cars I would think. I took the van and apart from loosing all my teeth fromt he rattle it was all good/its jacked so not really much meaning.

long story short, I would think that anyone could get to Otama, any further woudl be at car owners discressions, but is still managable.

• Like 1