steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

a dry 40 foot container weighs 3800kg,

if a man can lift 65kg comfortably, you only require 58 dudes to lift it in by hand.

if you can squeeze in a man every 0.5m, you get 24 down each side, and 6 on each end, for a total of 60.

each person is going to need a beer every half hour, and the job will probibly take 4 hours and an hour break.

120beers per hour * 5 is 600

12 whakachangis are $23 at liqourland, gives a total cost of (600/12)*23=$1150

throw in some pizzas and dialadrivers and round it off at 1500.

small problem, you can't buy wakachangas in brooklyn.....

• Like 1

3800kg / 4kg thrust = 950

Now you want to double that to make it fly, plus you need to make some kind of mounting arrangement that weighs quite a bit, plus controllers and fuel so call it 2000/2500?

They cost $10 each from the dump shop, so thats 25000, plus props @ $5 each, another 12500

rebuilding carbs so they actually run, making new shafts to make the prop fit the motor etc and it all just becomes too silly.

A better option would be to buy a bunch of 2x4, take to site, cut to size, nail together and build a proper house.

• Like 2

brilliant! i hope we can find 58 people keen to lift a container off a flatbed at chest height. should be easy with straight arms

also, 59 is too many, no deal. must be 58 or less.

As onion representative for the OS do they even lift 1337 club, I am sure Alistair, Ironfels and myself can come to a competitive arrangement where by 1.5 times beers are provided for 2.0 times lifting capacity, incase you are needing to do some value engineering to meet your budget requirements.

• Like 6