steelies' box house

Steelies

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I still don't understand why you don't just Hind it in place?

Mike-e is currently in Российская Федерация, I'm sure he could grab one on the cheap!

Just need to track down Nicholas Cage in Lord of War mode, and buy one off him/trade for cocaine.

But for Cereal, can you not get access from any neighbouring plots of land to extendy-crane it in place from a different side?

EDIT: on second thoughts... Russian Helecopters....

Crane will be the only option here. I think Loz talked to her mother and she said it would be cheaper to use a wgtn based crane rather than one of Crouchers. in saying that I think Jude has some contacts for the wgtn work they do so will hit up Loz again

thanks Bizzo though hold off till i hit yous up, still waiting on the others to get a quote in, etc

game change - box craning will be early Jan now, way too much of a rush to do it before then. should take some pressure off and stop a few things being done hastily, which is fine by me.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

To do a 5 tonne lift at that sort of distance you'll be looking at either a 40 tonne roughy or a 4 axle conventional truck crane, Hiabs wont lift 40 footers lengthways due to proximity to the cranes boom (and obvious weight constraints). Setting up on the small side road will also be a no-go from what I can see due to width, angle (not so much as they can pack the rear legs) and powerlines, so I think youll likely be needing to setup on the street visible in pic 3 and crane over the top of shed/trees/whatever else is in the way. 
Pollocks are great operators but generally run only the upper north island and b.o.p, Mcphee/Roebuck may be able to help (hes more central and the old boy ian will likely be interested in container house idea), unsure of any wellington based crane firms though sadly, not my area of the country for work.
Good luck with lift, house is rad, chur etc