Matt's Cheviot Turbos and his '68 Victor

xsspeed

• 5 weeks later...

Most of those things on the first list shouldn't be too hard to sort yourself. For the bonnet latch cable if you can track down a replacement one you should be able to fit that easily enough yourself. If that's not easy, something off something else should fit without too much hassle.

You can get the lock nut off with an old socket and a hammer. Find a socket that is a tight fit over the nut, hammer it on then try to remove. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJUUyjJqk5A

Do you have a multimeter or test light? Check for voltage at the coil (should be 12v on one of the terminals). If no voltage, try to trace the wire back to find the fault. If there is voltage at the coil and no spark, pull the main lead off the distributor (from the coil), stick a nail or something into the end and hold next to the block while someone cranks it over. If the is a spark check your points and condensor and ignition leads. Fairly simple electrics on these cars, shouldn't be too hard to sort out. Similarly with the electric fuel pump you can track down an ignition wire with the multimeter or test bulb, then wire the pump up with a relay.

those things on your list sound not to difficult to fix just to get it running.

anyone with a clue in Hams want to help this guy out to get the car running?? (I'm assuming the cars in hamiltron or there a bouts)

or if no one can help get a mobile mechanic out, pref an older joker who is happy to tell you what he's doing so you might learn something, and i reckon you'll have it running in a day.

• 1 month later...

Projects always move faster with a deadline.

It would be awesome to see this and Wagnats 2014.

See you there.

Keep up the good work my man.

Why do you want to ditch the roof racks?

Also, looks like there was an air diffuser thingy on the back at some stage. Do you sill have it?

• 5 months later...

Man that's a cool car I've got a Vx490 and a Victor Wagon too, but both are the later FE model.

Nice to see a FD Wagon on the road they are super rare now, it looks like a Ventora to me tho with the 3.3 litre engine and up graded front grill. has it always been the 3.3?

Thanks mate :D Nice, I haven't seen any victors on the road let alone wagons, keep a hold of her! Do you have pics or a project page for her i'd love to see. 

Just finished regasketing the block side cover today, major oil leaks, hopefully she's all sealed now, Had to get the new gasket made up. The last gasket was literally falling to pieces. 

Sort of does look a bit like the ventora, except for the grill, Yup stock 3.3 litre model (Though the engine is a newer recond vauxhall 3.3 (by linn rogers - alkd) has the tappet cover from one of the victors that won the B&H races) and stock grill. 

She's about to go back into storage over the Winter, but i've enjoyed doing her up this summer :)

• Like 1

Your FD wagon has to be super rare, there's a guy here in Auckland that usually has all the contacts for spares, if you ever need any!

I've heard all about Linn (Lyn?) Rogers from a friend of mine who is literally obsessed with all things Vauxhall, he's a bit dissapointed that I've got a recon 202 to put in my Wagon. It used to be a 2.3 but I bought it engineless to save it :)

I will set up a page for the Victors, as soon as I finish importing my Mustang and finishing my SD1 Rover, I like to get stuck into projects but I'm learning to finish them one at a time.

Nice wheels on your car too, whats the stud pattern?

Stud pattern should be 4 x 4"

I just missed out on a local FD wagon last week. Gutting,. it was rusty but all there apparently. Another local vauxhall and imp nutter bought it to restore.  I love these wagons. I think possibly one of the sweetest shaped wagons ever (after my new fav the big buicks like spencers)

• Like 1

• 2 years later...