Parties, polo, pools, pistons, pushbikes, panoramas, pies, peaks, pharmacology, philosophy, pints, play @ Hanmer Aug 30th-Sept 1st.

Guest Born Loser

That's fucking awesome Al !!! Love it !

And Laurence I'm not to sure aye. Was gonna take a couple bikes but sounds like quite a few people are keen on the tramp up to Mt Isobel. I'm keen to drink and tramp then roll down the hill to the pools to relax in the afternoon before getting Ito some more beers

So sounds like might be a few keen on a tramp up the mt. Its a hard one- especially when hungover. I'm actually just guessing its hard when hungover because the only time I have actually done it was when I ran up it, aged something like 19, in the mt isobel challenge. felt like spewing and I didn't drink booze back then.

I think, with my captain sensible head on, that we will have to think carefully about going up. If the weather is great and we head off early then would be epic. But with shit weather (good chance of that) and us being hungover I don't see us heading up that early. I'd hate to get into trouble and us lot ending up being those sort of dickheads  who were ill prepared and have to get rescued by search and rescue. The ones that we all scoff at when we here about them on the radio.

Plus we don't want to end up taking ages and miss out on valuable drunken pool time.

So I reckon we plan on the day and do what ever we can- as long as there is ample coffee and then booze plus great mates it'll be fun no matter where we end up (a drunken heap covered in mud under some trees) There are som many good tracks and walks around. I would however like to at least attempt the Mt and see how far we get. The views are amazing...

IMG_0667_zps5875bfc7.jpg

The Mt from the village..

Mount_Isobel_behind_Hanmer_Springs_zps5b

If whoever come along enjoys it very muchly then you can combine it with riding pushbikes next year and enter this little event of pure whizzbang fun and delight..

http://www.hanmerevents.co.nz/races/mtisobelchallenge.html

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So ive been away but had a quick browse through posts, im just wanting to check that ive paid the $77 or whatever at start and the $33 for a meal, this is all i need to pay upfront correct,

Just dont want to be that guy haha

PS Coronas going for the REVIN test in the next few days.

YYEEEESSSSSSs

You are all paid up. Cheers

• Like 1