Shakotom's 1979 HZ Kingswood

Shakotom

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

plan at the moment is to clean up the chassis, replace the worn parts in the suspension and brakes and then attack the body. nothing too crazy right now. probably lower it a bit too.

Are NOLATHANE suspension bushes worth the money?

Im pretty lucky with the garage, Its massive haha. Yeah, theres my daily AE92 corolla floating around somewhere and my dads 1965 Daimler 250 V8 thats been a project thats come to a halt hiding in the back there.

there is nothing wrong with Nolithane brand bushes, they do tend to add a small amount of road noise harshness, but nothing like as bad as some tyres will add.

the replacement rubber ones will be fine, they just move around a bit more.

you got hookups at autolign suspension? you might find the prices of the Nolithane products are pretty good.

• 4 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Thanks for that highLUX

At the moment I'm getting masses of inspiration fog custom vans from a well read re released issue of van wheels by street machine. I am wanting to re line the interior with some form of fabric to make it warmer for crashing in the back of it when necessary, but have a stupid leaky vent in the roof that needs removed before anything like that can be done.

Also tossing up removing side windows in future as tinting them (intending to anyway) would defeat the purpose of having windows. But not till I fit mirrors to it first because rolling no mirrors with this things blind spots is crazy in traffic.

Oh and blower motor stopped working also so now it fogs up and doesn't demist.

Electrical gremlins.... And no intermittent wipers either. Defiantly not rain/winter friendly at present.

Unfortunately the set of turbos that's on it are shit. kerbed with the odd flatspot.

But may have another set that's almost mint coming my way for it soon.

Greatest wheels ever mate.

(Also have hotwires in my stash and am looking for tridents too lol) collect all the wheels!

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...