Matt's hairdresser spec Mazda of lame.

mjrstar

The driveshaft was squared up in the press and pushed fully home no glue. Just some 3 bond in the end to stop moisture getting in - same as when it was cut apart.

Weights can be added to the steel sections on the ends of the uni you can see one at the rear by the white paint...

• Like 1

• Replies 453
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

these are in the bin as per discussions a couple of pages back - but basically still planning on the donor civic lights getting jammed into the front bumper somehow.. then weld some extra bits onto the bonnet so it's square across the front...

these are in the bin as per discussions a couple of pages back - but basically still planning on the donor civic lights getting jammed into the front bumper somehow.. then weld some extra bits onto the bonnet so it's square across the front...

Sorry I missed that.

Oooh, could look good... You could try something similar to a pitcrew nose.. 

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRPlElj_zlVrbVO6lUS6B48Q3ceDKlMZRaa4Z3l0rvADk5AtW8G

bit of a hijack i guess, but regarding electric water pumps, wouldnt you still want the thermostat? i mean the thermostat keeps the water in the motor at nice temperatures and the pump keeps water flow going as not all parts of the motor will be at the same temp so you want to keep the flow so it keeps everything at an even temperature.

When you mash in an electric pump, you will still have the problem of the it sucking up fresh cold water when it's turned on, even when turned on at low speeds etc. Yes, you get more control, but you "can't" just get rid of the thermostat when running an electric pump...

or am i missing something completely?

but why? i understand that you can get away without it, but it would still be beneficial to have one though right? how else do you stop one end of the motor getting fed super cold water?

edit;

taking this to spam thread as to not fill up this thread with 3 pages of debating between me and dave :)

//oldschool.co.nz/index.php?/topic/39076-july-spam-bike-summit-countdown/?p=1123370

glad you took all that thermostat talk to spam hed.. ha

Managed to sort the fans, it wasn't quite a drop in affiar.. I had planned on just grabbing a set from an NB mazda and bolting them up, although the standard left hand fan has a plastic frame (not easy for me to modify) and is around 60mm too deep to clear the swaybar.

the right hand fan was only about 30mm too deep to drop straight on and clear so i grabbed 2 of those (and paid a bit too much) but meh.

Anyway with some fabbed up lower brackets and trimming of the mounting posts and some minor surgery to the fan shrouds I now have this...

20130721_174449_zps1e0326b0.jpg

which looks like this when in the car..

20130721_174327_zpsda58675f.jpg

another piece of the puzzle sorted.

• 2 weeks later...
Bov position thanks to the Tig master..

20130802_233235_zpsb010adf3.jpg

Intake pipe also sorted, just need to box in the filter at some stage..

20130802_233244_zps9492ef5c.jpg

We managed to reposition the waste-gate arm to work with the GSR actuator in a pretty tidy position, having a bigger diaphragm means it should have good authority over the gate when compared to a factory evo actuator.

Also some mods to the oil pick-up bracketing took place to make it a bit more vibration resistant took place (good excuse to mill some stuff)

• Like 1

10 points if you can guess what it is - I cant take credit for making this but it is a perfect fit and should do the trick nicely...

Worlds meatiest boss kit?

20130804_124213_zpsc744d0db.jpg

Bottom end jammed together - it turns over nicely and should do the trick for a very basic package - just a bunch of ARP bolts, vr4 rods with a set of second hand wiseco pistons. Slightly too much end gap on the second rings but probably not the end of the world. 

20130803_135819_zps591e8710.jpg

20130804_123654_zps18a9f41b.jpg

Coolant system is probably next on the agenda...

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
Flares turned up there was a bit of a delay with the making otherwise i would have got them brought back by a mate who was in the US a couple of weeks ago..

Clearly removing the suspension was the only way to get something resembling photo-worthy with regards to proposed ride height as the suspension is still on the slow boat from Japan.

20130813_172908_zps5dd43de7.jpg

20130813_173201_zpsbbd4ac3c.jpg

20130813_173214_zps8c46d641.jpg

20130813_173222_zps07c5ea7d.jpg

In other news it looks the other team member on this build has snapped up a suitable looking oil cooler (cheers to my re-found focus with regards to oil coolers from an ad here on OS) Oh and fingers crossed I should have a baby sized Link G4 some time next week.

• Like 3