Yetchh's P5 Landau (LTD version of a Falcon coupe)

KKtrips

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Holy fuck!

You're either a good beater, VERY keen, or completely in-fucking sane.

I love watching builds like this. It cheers me up about how fucked my collection of wrecks are. Keep them updates coming!

And if you're in or near CHCH, it'd be nice to see you pitch up to a few meets.

Holy fuck!

You're either a good beater, VERY keen, or completely in-fucking sane.

I love watching builds like this. It cheers me up about how fucked my collection of wrecks are. Keep them updates coming!

And if you're in or near CHCH, it'd be nice to see you pitch up to a few meets.

Hah, not a beater but am keen and still thinking WTF was I thinking, plus, they're kind of easy once you get in there and pull them apart.. just a few spot welds.

Good luck with this shell, bit of rust on the ol girl. BUt if you have the tools and the time then its really only piecing together panels, and sounds like they'd be a few bits around. Will be tough car when back together. Can you get that rusty cylinder sleeve out and replace it? Looks like youve accepted the ultimate restoration challenge.

This is awesome! You sir must have big Cojones to take on a resurrection like this!. i had an XA when i lived in sydney after i had sorted the rust out i welded in extra plates in certain run off areas ( making it look factory) where water and moisture tend to sit for example below the corners of the windscreen underneath the frontquarter panels. i stsitched in a curved plate so when water ran down the windscreen guttering and under the frontquarters it would continue to run off too the ground and not pool in those areas. I hope this makes sense bro? will dig up some photos if u want?

I love watching builds like this. It cheers me up about how fucked my collection of wrecks are

shit me I laughed at that.

Awesome work yetchh, your post is the first time i've seen one of these cars. Very awesome. one step at a time and that rust will be gone in no time!

cheers fellaz, every month or so I kick myself for buying such a heap of shit thinking why would I bring this on myself, but buying one of these cars wof'd and reg'd doesn't always mean the rust isn't present, these things rust like its going out of fashion, even my gold wagon has these issues, drivers side nearly as bad as the landau but from the outside it looks totally mint, I'll start another thread with that one at some stage as well.. as stated it will be pretty much a new car when I finish, but since they only made 1300 of them and they have all the GT running gear bar the 4v 351c, I think ultimately it will be worth it..

awesome udertaking mate, i was once told if you can still tell what it is its still salvageable. Nice cars the Landau, thers a matt black one 3 houses down from me. If you really get stuck for parts ask Bernie at Preston St Wreckers in Invercargill, hes bound to have it but dunno what hed want for it. Good luck with it anyway.

Nice cars the Landau, thers a matt black one 3 houses down from me.

^ This, is a very tough looking car.

It's the first thing I thought of when I saw your thread. That's quite the undertaking, worse than my old 70's coupe for sure but you'll probably still finish yours first. Awesome cars. I'm looking forward to seeing it progress.

It'll be some very slow progress bro, dunno about 1st as I have at least 2 years of sorting three other cars first haha.. the busy life of a classic fanatic

this photo is of a mates 100% original in oz, its what it should look like

mornington014.jpg

• 4 weeks later...

How long ago was that? The muscle car boom has made even crap 6cyl shells worth about 5-6k, a complete car over 10 even if its stuffed.

My landau is probably as bad as it gets although more and more people are taking them on this bad as they become harder and more expensive to buy in good condition...

My grandfather had one of these in the early 90's, a real minter, but got sick of constant electrical issues with it, the door looms especially were forever breaking wires. Think back then he sold it for something silly like 6 or 7K. Think it's over on the West Coast now.

He reckoned that there were only 2 on the road in CHCH at that time. I'll try dig up some old photos & scan them.