Anglia4's CB650

anglia4

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So current state of play.

Picked up 8 Genuine Honda parts bags today with all the parts to re-build my brake caliper.

Fork seals are here waiting.

Carb jets are ready to go on for the pod filters.

Tail pipes are cut off the exhaust.

Head/barrel is off the engine.

Everything is still stripped down awaiting paint.

Frame is coated.

Thinking now I might not bother painting the engine black like I was going to, I don't think I can get it clean enough without completely stripping and cold tanking it so I will live with it just being clean not painted. There is too much road works around taranaki and the paint will just chip off all the time and it will look shit.

So yeah, need to buy some paint and get some good weather so I can get it all black and throw it back together.

Gotta try and sort out some piston ring-compressors or piston ring-compressor substitutes

Pictureless update sorry!

• 2 weeks later...

As of sunday night:

DSC_0631_zps001366a9.jpg

As of Monday night:

DSC_0632_zpsff20a118.jpg

Have installed rear swingarm, suspension, wheel & brakes. Also re-assembled the forks with new seals.

Then it got dark in the shed so I retired to the lounge where my lovely Fiance let me put together my brake caliper with all new seals and re-jet my carbs :)

Progress!

One of the guys at work dropped this on my desk today.

Couldn't mill them off completely because its recessed underneath and would have opened up a hole, so will use whats left to re-mount the existing fuse box.

He also drilled and tapped the stops for me so that I can put a screw in them to stop the lower clip-ons hitting the tank.

574714_10151252026886502_960456778_n_zps35b7a076.jpg

Will spray them tonight then I can assemble the front end :)

Yeah that was suggested already. I didn't want to wait for that to happen though and I'm happy with how it is now.

Have got the front all back together today, wheel, brakes, forks, clip-ons etc.

New levers and clip-ons all fit really well. Stoked!

Just ordered some new head bolts as I damaged a few getting the head off.

The plug: ECONOHONDA in Te-Aroha, the good bastards have them in stock and I should get them in the morning, seem to have heaps of old honda shit.

Going to see about getting my tank painted this afternoon and have organised a surprise job for my tail section.

No photo's cos Chris is a sack.

• Like 1