Anglia4's CB650

anglia4

• Replies 224
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Was in the shed till 11 last night.

Managed to get my head on and torqued up. Just need to grab a smaller torque wrench from dads to do the timing gear tonight and then paint it.

To do by Friday (for bikes blues & hot cars):

• Assemble timing gear/cam/etc
  • paint engine
  • install engine
  • modify loom to fit new battery box
  • mount tail light
  • mount indicators
  • make rear mudguard
  • fill all fluids (brakes/forks/engine etc)
  • tank/seat/etc back together

Going to be a couple of late nights...

• Like 1

Disaster!

Tightening up the cotter pins that hold the rocker shafts, doing it properly, torque wrench and all... CRACK...

Head cover/rocker holder fucked...

Have to call Econohonda back in the morning, hopefully they have one. Deadline is getting really tight now...

I don't have time to paint the part that will be arriving tomorrow because the engine MUST go in the frame tomorrow.

But apparently it should be black anyway. Fingers crossed it doesn't look like shit, otherwise I'll have to pull it out again later.

Well its been a huge couple of days...

Spent something like 12 or so hours in the shed yesterday with dad trying to get it ready for the poker run on the bikes blues and hot cars festival today. Got it close to going, just a few things to finish off this morning, couldn't get the new brake master cylinder to bleed up properly, think it might be the wrong size bore, so went back to the original, but it doesn't seem to be working that well now either.

The open pipes are awesome, not stupid loud, but plenty roudy.

Still a little bit of tuning to go for the pods, its not quite there on the pilot jet or screw, will tinker with that later.

Anyway, pics since its mostly finished now :)

1EEB906E-8A94-449C-A8A3-96FBFA0FC18C-1010-000001BAF493F545_zpscddd5adc.jpg

D3A7EBF5-66EB-4A9A-BBC0-1933CD42250B-1010-000001BB198F13B5_zps11e07045.jpg

CE9AF9CD-E7DB-4DE4-A14B-95F7A92320D3-1010-000001BB0392EE15_zps2e21ad35.jpg

• Like 1

looks awesome, im thinking that front guard needs to be black aswell,

and also some sort of very thin red pin strip on the side of the tank, probably around the perimeter, looks a little empty at the moment.

also, still interested in selling me those old bars?

I don't quite think those photos do it justice, it all seems to work well in real life :)

The speedo is a bit high but I can't get that one any lower, it kind of gives an effect all of its own though haha and gives me something to tuck in behind for the speed record attempts :P

Only real cosmetic change from here is the exhaust wrap which I ran out of time to do and maybe one day change the speedo. Oh and a better brake lever and braided line.

I got some pins for my denim vest yesterday at the festival, but my fiance has failed wife test number 4 and has no needle and thread to stitch on my patches...

• 3 weeks later...
Guest anglia4

Just picked the bike up from mum and dads, looks like its leaking oil from the head gasket again :( despite replacing the gasket and all my best efforts...

Will need to fix it for nats but getting the engine in and out is a mongrel job

Not happy