Chickity & EURON8s 'no more trees' New Year project.

Chickity

Found this in the corner of the yard at the workshop, some recent re-arranging has made it mildly accessible, soooooo, thought we might drag it out and use it for New Year.

DSCN3467.jpg

Some ideas sound better than they are in reality....

DSCN3468.jpg

DSCN3469.jpg

It was used as an office/lunch room for a while. Then the rat(s) got in.

Has been shut up for a while.

Millions of droppings. A seriously dead loaf of bread found in the (still running) fridge. And one deceased rodent, sandwiched under the paper tray of the printer...

Threw a wheelie bin of random crap/baby pictures of Chrissy/empty salt containers out.

Let the cleaning commence.

DSCN3472.jpg

DSCN3471.jpg

I love cleaning.

DSCN3470.jpg

One corner done!

DSCN3473.jpg

Other end still looks like this:

DSCN3474.jpg

Here's some positive progress though, at least in a girl kind of a way...New colour scheme sorted!

DSCN3476.jpg

Unfortunately there was a small incident with the paint. And the rug.

The rug seems ok, mostly, though.

DSCN3477.jpg

Gonna have to think about the slightly more practical side of things shortly - namely whether or not it's actually towable etc.

My oldman got it years ago.

He used it as a office/lunchroom etc when he worked at the workshop daily/ regularly.

Since he went back into building work its just been sitting around.

It was repalced with cabin from our old bach recently so we thought why not ask.

Over the coming weeks when time allows itll get cleaner and cleaner, then get up on a portable hoist for under inspection. Initial squizz looks to be all good. few surface patchs of rust but nothing major.

My parents started there business operating out of some vintage trailer. anyway they eventually replaced it with a building and it sat up against the fence at their work for the better part of 20 years. over that time they had numerous people come in wanting to buy it, one guy even wanted it for a movie. anyway it looklike shit, had stuff growing on the outside, smell.... interesting on the inside, semi stuffed floor, flat tyres etc. trust me it was in 75432578 times worse condition than this one you have here. anyway one day a guy came into their work and said his dad used to build them and asked if he could buy it from them so he could restore it and give it to his father for his 80th birthday or something. Dad looked at him and said if you can get it out you can have it. so they pumped up the tyres (they held air after 20years of being flat) with the aid of dads tractor they pulled it out and put it on a car trailer. months later the guy came back with photos of it completed and you wouldnt think it was the same caravan. I can dig out some pics if your interested.

I think it now lives at a house on River Road in Hamilton. I drove past a house with a old (restored) caravan parked infront of it that looked suspiciously like mum and dads old one. its blue and white if anyone knows it.

end of story.