Truenotch's-Old-Man's MX5 - MX5RacingNZ

Truenotch

Awesome.

So the calendar came out for the Pro7 series today - very different to what had been anticipated:

29th - 30th Sept Teretonga NZ Champs Round 1

20th - 21st Oct Taupo (IRC)

1st - 2nd Dec Pukekohe (IRC Thunder in the Park)

2nd - 3rd Feb Hampton Downs (TRS and IRC)

9th - 10th Feb Manfeild (NZGP and NZV8s, Utes etc) NZ Champs Round 2

23rd - 24th Feb Manfeild (IRC)

30th - 31st Mar Taupo (IRC)

Sounds awesome and I've been wanting to go to Teretonga for a long time now...

The idea of snuggling old man southern is messing with my plans of going to Australia :P .

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...

Yip, I think the MX5's will be there in full force. I'm planning to do the whole series this year, so here's hoping we start on a high!

Dad has seemingly sorted the issues we were having by replacing some loom (it was overfuelling like mad), so we should be back on form for a good performance at Taupo.

You coming down?

random information,

picked up a bunch of practical performance car issues in aussie last month (were in the clearance bin and are a bloody good read) and one of them has a write up of mx5s with tuning/upgrades etc (from a UK scene). havnt read it but wondered if you would be interested? may be useless mind you

Managed a win and two 2nd's over the weekend in Taupo - good enough results to come away with the round win! We had one dry race, a damp race and a boat race to finish the weekend.

All races were close at the front and we had three different winners over the weekend - none of which were the fastest in qualifying. It should be interesting when we get back to Manfeild in December!

Here's a shot from Saturday. Lap one, after starting third I got a lucky with my launch (slipping clutch = traction control) and managed to get the holeshot.

230899_328230603942906_1305391053_n.jpg

My videos are uploading at the moment... Stay tuned.