Truenotch's-Old-Man's MX5 - MX5RacingNZ

Truenotch

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh, the Pro7/MX5 combo fell through? :(

Another change now! The RX7's changed their mind - we'll be starting 4 grid spots behind the S1's and will also be running with SS2000 8) can't wait!

KE70 - It will be a great way to go if you want to progress further. The fact that they're cheap to run and the same spec makes it the perfect car and class for getting started.

Another faultless weekend of racing in the MX5 - these things are super easy to run and CHEAP on tyres, gas, brakes etc.

I ran with Pro7 and SS2000 - both were awesome. Our MX5 goes a little better than the freshly built ones (all in the development time I think). I was right on the back of the series 1 RX7's and had a few good battles with them throughout the day.

I've finally made it to SS2000! It's been a long time coming... and I wasn't planning to get there in an MX5, but it still counts :P . Especially since I won a race! Generous handicapping and a few "moments" while the faster cars tried to make their way through the pack mean I was able to run away to take the win!!

That's my first race win ever - pretty happy!

New best lap time is 1.25.299 - not bad for a fairly standard car I reckon!

We're heading to Taupo to race these at easter also. If all goes well I'll be running my AE86 as well as the MX5, so come along if you're keen for a watch and an evening beer on the Saturday night.

No worries - I could see that you were flat out a lot of the time. That scooter of yours certainly helps to get around the place quickly, huh. Another toy that I wouldn't mind getting for myself. :)

I had planned on wandering over to your caravan on Saturday evening after the Pro7 bbq. Kayte booked a motel back Palmy and was relaxing there by herself, and was going to come back and pick me up whenever it suited me. However, a couple of the Pro7 guys offered to drop me off as it was on their way, so we ended up taking off pretty quickly (and much earlier that I has expected).

Did you see what Warren Overton wrote on the Mazda Pro7 Racing Facebook page?

Having the Mx-5's tagged to the back of our field was great in my opinion. One of the funniest things that happened over the weekend was Emma, saying "That Red pace car was going fast I was wondering why it hadn't pulled off " lol Sorry Emma had to share that....

:lol: